DIRT 5's major update, Update 2.00, has started to roll out across PCs everywhere.
Adding wheels support, some exciting new content and a host of other changes, the update will come to console soon also.
Let's take a look at what the patch notes say so far!
Latest news - Update 2.00 rollout on Xbox
It may have suffered a slight delay but update 2.00 is now landing on Xbox.
Those playing on Xbox One, Series X, or Series S will be able to enjoy the new features too!
The update adds wheel support for a number of devices.
This includes the major brands such as Logitech, Thrustmaster and a number of Fanatec devices.
The Update also brings a number of general stability and bug fixes, which are pretty standard for big updates.
Some big changes have been made for visual performance. These include further improvements to 120Hz mode on the Xbox Series X.
Image Quality mode has been improved again on Xbox One and PS4 also, with a higher FPS now attainable.
With regards to crashes, one major bug was a career mode/sponsors tab crash when selecting an AMP Edition sponsor. This has been fixed in the latest update.
In split-screen, the low audio has been improved so you can now race your family or friends with the noise of true rallying.
When playing online, the friends lobby has been increased to 8 players. This update is coupled with a longer search time in matchmaking, improving the chances that you find a full lobby.
Playgrounds has had the leaderboards updated to show faster target times. Similarly, some objects are no longer available for the wrong event type.
Finally, the general fixes are as follows:
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience
Excitingly, and in line with the festive spirit of the season, we are also getting a free DLC pack.
This is Snow limits, and adds some incredible content to the game.
This includes new festive items for Playgrounds, liveries and a new circuit!
For more articles like this, take a look at our DIRT page.