It's time to embrace your wild side on DIRT 5, as Update 6.00 and a new Content Pack drop across PC, Xbox, and PlayStation today!
Codemasters' continued updates have added huge amounts of content to their off-road racer as its one-year anniversary approaches.
The latest update not only adds new cars and tracks for players, but also brings more creativity than ever before.
Wild Spirits Content Pack
As ever, the update comes with a new Content Pack for those that grabbed the Amplified Edition, the Year One Edition, or that wish to purchase it from online stores.
This pack introduces two new cars to DIRT 5, the Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2021, with its 310 bhp and innovative 4x4. Then there is the Prodrive Hunter, a Desert Hypercar that you have to try to believe.
This beast produces 500 bhp and competed across Dakar this year.
The Wild Spirits Content Pack also includes 25 bespoke career mode events, two new sponsors (Alpinestars and VP Racing Fuels) along with more customisation options.
What do you get for free?
If you only got the Standard Edition of DIRT 5 there is still something for you in Update 6.00. There are two new tracks coming to the game, totally for free!
These new Morocco locations are for the awesome Stampede events. Ait Ojana and Tinghir are new routes available to players today. Be ready for big jumps and tough terrain, as well as those sandstorms that will reduce visibility to nearly nothing!
Available to everyone, look out for new designs for the MINI Cooper SX1, Armada Engineering Unlimited Truck, Volkswagen Beetle Rallycross, Porsche Macan T1 Rally Raid, and Renault Megane R.S RX. The new livery for the MINI is the Xite Energy livery, driven by Oliver Bennett in the recent FIA World RX Championship!
There are also two more weather conditions for Playgrounds, with fog and sandstorms coming to your custom routes.
Update 6.00 patch notes
- Wild Spirits Content Pack: Two new cars (Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2021, ProDrive Hunter), 25 new Career events, two new Player Sponsors, more liveries and additional customisation items. This pack is included in DIRT 5 Amplified/Year One Edition or purchasable separately
- Two new Morocco Stampede circuits, Ait Ojana and Tinghir, with reverse variants
- Five additional iconic liveries
- Overhauled opponent driver AI to increase challenge and excitement all modes and scenarios
- New Rewards Multiplier tied to chosen vehicle rankings. Players will receive greater rewards for succeeding in events with lower-ranked cars within a vehicle class.
- Resolved instances of irregular object snapping in Playgrounds at Papoose Lake
- Resolved instances of missing ambient audio for multiple Playground arenas on objects
- Fixed environment bug allowing players on Greece events to fall out of the world
- Fixed instance of incorrect label for second place in Playgrounds Weekly Challenges
- Resolved issue causing players to be reset to track incorrectly on Brazil’s Rio Seafront, Turn 8
- Resolved rare instances of crashes during online play
For more articles like this, take a look at our DIRT page.