The last big update for F1 2021 before the end of the year has just landed. Last month saw Formula 1 gamers get an early taste of the Jeddah Street Circuit, but this month, we've got something arguably even better. After months of waiting, we've finally been given the updated 2021 roster for the Formula 2 cars.
This update includes the full F2 grid, teams, sponsors and liveries that we've been waiting for. Update 1.14 also brings plenty of bug fixes and quality of life improvements as well. Here's everything you need to know about 1.14.
F1 2021 Update 1.14 Patch Notes
The headline news will of course be centred around the F2 update. There are some big patches for bugs that fans have spotted over the preceding weeks, though. The double-stacking glitch is one that nobody will miss in-game. Here are the full patch notes released by EA:
- F2™ 2021 season has been added
- Addressed an issue with a lack of force feedback on Logitech G923 wheels for PC players
- Fixed an issue where team badge and sponsors would not appear on the player’s helmet
- Reduced time between stops when a team is double stacking cars in the pits
- Adjusted track limits at turns 1 and 14 on Portimao
- F2™ 2020 Sprint race will now correctly use the results from the feature race if a custom grid is used
- Addressed an issue where Imola was using the incorrect garages for the player car
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
In short, we're not sure. Codemasters gave us a road-map for what to expect with updates until the end of 2021, but beyond that is a mystery. Large updates such as this will become rarer and rarer as we get closer to the release date of F1 2022.
It is possible that one-off circuits such as Qatar's Losail circuit and Turkey's Istanbul Park could make their way into the game, but this is unlikely. When it comes to track development, Codies will be fully focused on the Miami circuit for next year.
Something that's more likely is the reintroduction of classic F1 cars via a DLC or more legendary drivers into Career Mode. We're sure that Codies will let us know in due course though.