We know that Donut Media will feature heavily in the next Series and now we have a new Forza Horizon 5 update to truly highlight the theme of Thursday's new Series.
The latest update also brings in a huge raft of improvements, added car customisation, and four new cars too.
Let's see what the patch notes have in store for us.
Forza Horizon 5 update
As is usual before a new Series, the update to FH5 lays the ground for the new content and has taken some time to fix a few bugs.
The biggest point for those that love the single-player side of FH5 is the addition of the Donut Media @ Horizon Story.
This will feature the Donut Media Test Track as a new location on the map.
Along with that there are new Donut Media clothing items, emotes, ForzaLink, and a collectible. There are also eight new Accolades for players to go after.
Four fresh cars are hitting Mexico in this update. Three have been seen in Horizon before, but one is brand new.
Our favourites are the wooden-framed duo, the 1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler and 1965 Morris Mini-Traveller.
These two are making their return to Forza Horizon along with the 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon.
The only brand-new car is the 2020 Lynk & Co #62 Cyan Racing 03.
There will be 21 new Rocket Bunny Widebody kits for FH5 too.
These will apply to:
- 1997 BMW M3
- 2005 BMW M3
- 1992 Honda NSX-R
- 2003 Honda S2000
- 2015 Lexus RC F
- 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- 1997 Mazda RX-7
- 1993 Nissan 240SX SE
- 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
- 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
- 1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
- 1994 Nissan Silvia K's
- 1998 Nissan Silvia K's Aero
- 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
- 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
- 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
- 2013 Subaru BRZ
- 2013 Toyota 86
- 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 16v Mk2
- 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
Here are the rest of the patch notes from this update.
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.2
- Enhanced DirectX Raytracing
- Includes two new presets "Ultra" and "Extreme" which render reflections for the player's car in Free Roam, Races, and Drivatar reflections in Photo Mode
- NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution
- NVIDIA DLAA
- 3DRap Hand Controller HC1 compatibility
- Fixed an issue where players were systematically getting prompted to set a route in the world map for Horizon Origins story
- Fixed an issue where "Car Type" sorting was not displaying in alphabetical order
- General improvements to ASL and BSL for various Story missions
- General improvements to localized VOs in Horizon Stories
- General performance and stability fixes
- Fixed an issue where big hats were not visible in some cabriolets while in free roam
- Fixed an issue with the Tankito Doritos outfit where the hat was missing the brand logo
- Fixed an issue where the microphone was missing from the Karaoke emote
- Fixed an issue with the 2020 Toyota Supra GR where all engine check lights were active at the same time
- Improvements to the Props memory budget UI showing incorrect values upon re-editing a custom blueprint
- Fixed an issue where Steering Wheels input mapping layout was changing to default after restarting the client
- Fixed an issue with 40xx Series NVIDIA GPUs where default graphic preset was set as "Low" instead of "Extreme"
For more articles like this, take a look at our Forza page.