Vol 5 speeds into Need for Speed Unbound this week, with the update focused on fixing many of the issues with the game. Two new cars also find their way to Lakeshore City as part of the update, but beyond that, there isn’t a whole lot to get excited about. Or is there?
Let’s take a look at the Need for Speed Unbound Vol 5 patch notes to find out what's new.
It’s been a bumpy start for Need for Speed Unbound. The game isn’t even a year old but already there’s talk of it being abandoned. With developer Criterion being moved across to Battlefield, many Need for Speed fans thought that would be the end.
That doesn’t appear to be the case, however. Vol 5 aims to begin saving Need for Speed Unbound, with multiple bugs and glitches being addressed. From resolving issues discovered in the Vol 4 update to fixing visual glitches with cars, Vol 5 is fixing Unbound.
Two new cars are included with Vol 5. The 2023 BMW M2 Coupe is available as a challenge reward, with the 1987 Buick Grand National GNX available for players who reach rank 50. Two cars don’t seem like many, but new cars really aren’t the focus of Vol 5.
Need for Speed Unbound Vol 5 patch notes
There are many bugs, glitches, and other issues addressed in Need for Speed Unbound’s Vol 5 update. You can read the full patch notes below:
General Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the "Repair at a gas station during a Gauntlet Playlist" Daily Challenge is notified as completed while in Freedrive and not in a Gauntlet Playlist
- Fixed an issue in Porsche Playlist where the fireworks were not appearing at the finish area of the second race
- Fixed a Loaner Car marker didn't appear in the Event Summary screen across all Playlists
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the vehicle would move while interacting with another user's banner
- Fixed an issue in Porsche Playlist where the car would disappear when deselecting via the Event Car Select menu
- Fixed a decal issue on the Mercedes G63 (2017) Custom Build where the sticker duplicates on the spoiler and roof at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where Linkup Ski Slope Round 3 Phase 3 Smashables were not disappearing after completing the objective
- Fixed an issue where the Player was not receiving server notifications for active recommended playlists
- Fixed a collision issue in Linkup Edgewater Port preventing the Player from making the jump
- Fixed flickering issues when previewing trunk-lid options on the Lamborghini Urus in Multiplayer Server
- Fixed a Cloud Saving issue on EA App when booting NFS Unbound with the same account on multiple devices
- Fixed an issue where One Shot Challenges notifications were missing or triggered incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where Linkups and Boosted Events were not appearing for some players
- Fixed an issue where the unlock requirements for some vehicles displayed the Lakeshore Online requirements rather than the Campaign requirements.
- Fixed visual issues with cars that have legendary body kits, Speed pass unlocked cars, DLC purchased cars and one off wraps
- List of affected cars: Lamborghini Countach LP800-4 (Custom Edition), Mercedes AMG G63 (HipHop Swag Pack), Volkswagen GTI Clubsport (Vol 3 Customs Pack), Lotus Exige S (Legendary Customs), Porsche Taycan, Porsche 911 Carrera S (Vol.4 Speed Pass), Porsche 911 Carrera S (Vol.4 Speed Pass), Eddie's Skyline, Rachel's 350z, Polestar 1 Hero Edition
- Fixed an issue where snapshots tints were not functional in singleplayer or multiplayer
Quality of Life Changes
- Added a Masking Decal functionality to the Wrap Editor
- Tweaked the cadence and downtime of multiplayer Boosted Events and Linkups
For more articles like this, take a look at our Need for Speed page.