An update is coming to the most recent Need For Speed title, Hot Pursuit Remastered, which will see you fly around Seacrest County in style.
Let's take a look at what is on offer.
NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered update release date
The new update will hit the game on 25 February.
It should drop at 9am UTC, which is 4am ET / 9am GMT, so be ready first thing in the morning!
The headline for Patch 2 is the introduction of a Wrap Editor. This will allow players to customise cars, applying your own individual style to your ride and really stand out.
Unfortunately players won't be able to share designs, so don't expect some pro-level paint jobs to be available for download. Hopefully that is coming down the line though.
However, custom wraps can be seen in online races, including crossplay races. There is also a limit of 300 decals or 100 MB, which ever you hit first.
Along with all this a new Maximum Setting mode will allow for 4K60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X, as well as uncapped 4K50+ on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X!
As you would expect with any patch, there are a raft of changes and bug fixes coming in to make the game better for everyone. Some are exclusive to certain platforms.
Let's take a look at the full patch notes for this update.
- Overall stability improvements and memory usage optimisation
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash during the “Protect and Swerve” event, when entering the menu during a collision and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the title crashing when too much autolog data was retrieved from the server, for example by having many friends that raced the same tracks as yourself.
- When changing from Interceptor to another game mode, the lobby should no longer be locked to two players
- Cars should no longer spawn on top of each other during multiplayer Most Wanted events
- The correct PSN icon is now showing in the Friends menu
- Fixed an issue where not all player positions were shown during a multiplayer Most Wanted event in a full lobby
- Corrected the position of a floating patch of grass in front of the Seacrest Tiki Motel
- Fixed a corrupted frame that would appear during the Sand Timer race event
- VoIP settings are working more reliably, and the VoIP icons are displayed correctly
- When unlocking a specific event, the correct cinematic should now be playing
- Fixed a few instance to better align UI elements
- Joining a friend via “Join Session” should now be working as intended
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when switching controllers when the Xbox menu was open
- Fixed a rare occasion where players could get stuck in the transition from lobby screen to race
- Optimised autolog reporting functionality