Track limit changes
One of the main new additions in the changelog is the ability for cars to “have emissive properties on the green channel of the region map.” There are also changes to track limits.
The Adjusted Strict mode is now similar to default in race mode and the track limit parameters have been tweaked to reduce the chances of being penalised in certain scenarios.
In addition, the hotfix addresses an issue where road data would not load properly when road temperatures were set to generated.
You can find a full list of changes in the rFactor 2 Hotfix update patch notes below.
rFactor 2 Hotfix Update Patch Notes
- Added ability for cars to have emissive properties on the green channel of the region map.
- Track Limits: Adjusted Strict mode more similar to default in race mode.
- Track Limits: Tweaked parameters based on feedback to reduce chances of over penalising in areas where it should not (increasing the scoring based on time gained / loss, and reducing the influence of other parameters based on distance cut, speed differences and time on throttle off track).
- Track Limits: Increased the minimum speed required before any infraction is scored by 10%.
- Track Limits: Improved logging
- Track loading: Fixed real road data not loading properly from user specified files when road temperatures were set to generated.
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.