Trackmania is one of the most accessible, and frustrating, racing games out there right now.
The high-speed, short-race formula together with some amazing community events has been a proven winner.
Now a new update is coming to bring some improvements!
Ubisoft Nadeo is pushing a new update to improve matchmaking, but also player experience on Cup of the Day.
Cup of the Day patch notes
Some players have been getting placed in divisions far lower than they should be, and Ubisoft Nadeo are fixing this.
The amount of time to drive your first time on the map has been reduced to 10 minutes from 15, but the total Time Attack phase still last 15 minutes. If you fail to drive a time during the first 10 minutes, your qualification time won’t be effective.
- Removed register button, only a time is required
- Removed hidden state of settings of KO mode: S_EliminatedPlayersNbRanks and S_RoundsWithoutElimination
- Added possibility to have multiple maps in the Knockout mode
- Added 321Go at the first round of the KO phase
- Introduced a decal on the road of the map according to your match
Matchmaking patch notes
Appropriate matchmaking is a big part of Trackmania, and as ever Ubisoft Nadeo are trying to create the best experience possible for players. As a result this update has a lot of patch nots for matchmaking!
- Fixed display of buttons in the menu
- Players only spawn at the start of the round in case of leaving and add a better explanation of the mode in the menu
- Fixed a bug when accepting a match that a player already declined
- Fixed rank display issue in the end match UI
- Corrected a crash in the menu related to the skin
- Fixed number of players displayed in the end match score table
- Fixed a crash in the menu with 3D skins
- Corrected the display of the team currently winning the round in the HUD when a player left the game
- Fixed wrong ranks with the final score table
- Fixed wrong clan and wrong 3D marker color in the warm-up
- Added a message when leaving a match to warn that leaving too many times might lead to a ban
- Added a decal on the road of the map
- Removed the sound played when wining 0 points
- Improved the display of delta times in the live ranking
- Added a warning that refusing multiple times might lead to a ban
- Fixed focus of buttons when coming back from MM
- Added access to your profile from the MM menu