It's been a busy week of announcements for rFactor 2 and they aren't done over at Studio 397 and the INDYCAR IR-18 is coming to rFactor 2!
Better yet, they have told us when it is coming to the game.
INDYCAR IR-18 release date
rFactor 2 first introduced IndyCar with the Dallara DW12 back in 2014, and belive it or not that is a long time ago now. The new IR-18 feautres a lot of changes to the visuals. From the removal of wheel covers to the addition of the Aeroscreen it is a fully modernised representation.
With upward of 700 bhp and no power steering it will be a true test of driver skill.
The car also sees the introduction of two new features to rFactor 2, Push to Pass and Weight Jacker.
There is also one more unannounced item coming that will arrive on that date. Hopefully they will all be bundled up in a reasonably priced DLC pack!
Technical specs of the INDYCAR IR-18
- length: 5123.18mm
- Width: 1943.1mm to 1917.7mm minimum (1917.7mm minimum and 1949.45mm maximum for ovals) measured outside rim to rim
- Wheelbase: 2984.5mm to 3086mm
- Engine: Honda HI21R Indy-V-6, Chevy IndyCar V6
- Capacity: 2.2 litre (134.25 cubic inches) V-6, twin-turbocharged
- Output: 550-700 horsepower, depending on turboboost pressure used at track
- Transmission: XTRAC #1011 gearbox. Six forward gears, one reverse gear, Mega-Line Assisted Gear Shift (paddle-shift)