Rocket League Sideswipe Season 3 is live, bringing a new 3v3 Limited Time Mode, Spectator Mode, and new Rocket Pass Rewards to the mobile car football game. Let’s dive in!
3v3 matches come to Rocket League Sideswipe in Threes LTM
Season 3 introduces Threes, a new Limited Time Mode replacing Season 2’s Volleyball mode. Effectively, this is Sideswipe’s version of Rocket League’s classic 3v3 mode.
Before the update, Sideswipe only supported 2v2 matches, but Threes increases the maximum player count to six. With more players in matches, teamwork and tactical play will be crucial for success.
To accommodate the extra players, Rocket League Sideswipe Season 3 also adds a new Longfield Arena and offscreen indicators that help you monitor teammate positions.
Rocket Pass 3
No new Rocket League Sideswipe season would be complete without new Rocket Pass Rewards. Season 3 adds three new cars: Marauder, Mantis, and Takumi.
You can also customise your ride with new Rocket Pass Rewards including Yoked1K Wheels and Lv 50 Force Razor Goal Explosion. New Season Challenges will also help you earn SP to spend on upgrades.
Also new to Rocket League Sideswipe Season 3 is a Spectator Mode allowing players to watch other players show off their skills. This mode is only available in Private Matches, however.
Season 2 Rewards
Season 2 has ended, but loyal players will receive season-exclusive Banners based on their peak rank in Season 2. Rewards earned from Season 2 will appear in your garage.
Rocket League Sideswipe Season 3 is available to download now on iOS and Android. You can find a full list of changes in the Rocket League Sideswipe update v1.3 patch notes below.
Rocket League Sideswipe update v1.3 patch notes
- Season 3 Rocket Pass is here, what rank will you power through?
- Season 3 includes all new free content and Season Rewards to unlock. You don’t want to miss this intense Season!
New Limited Time Mode
- Threes - You heard that right, by the power of three, you and two friends can now team up and take on the competitive competition! How will you fare in this power packed mode?
- New Arena: Longfield
- You can do what?! Prove it! Now you can private party up with friends, and select a spectator. Show off your skills, stalls and power shots with new friends and old.
Season 2 Rewards
- Players will unlock a Reward Banner and Title based on the highest Competitive Rank they reached in Season 2. What Rank did you achieve?
- Easily view the position of other players or the ball when offscreen
- Players can edit off screen indicator settings in the options menu to their liking
New Camera Zoom Method in Game Settings
- Focused method to keep player car always visible
- Zoomed out method that shows all of the match action on screen
- New Match Intro Sequence
Changes and updates
Post Match Celebration
- Players can now access the pause menu during the winners celebration dance, to let you requeue faster!
News and Updates Panel
- New Social Buttons! Join us on Twitter, Reddit, Discord and Instagram, don’t miss out on your opportunity to be featured in Play of the Week! #RLSPOTW
- New Challenge stages added, players can now complete up to 4 new stages of Challenges throughout the Season. Can you complete them all
- Challenges now show up in the Post Match screen
Quick Chat Feed
- Taller Quick Chat feed, you can now see 4 Quick Chats instead of 3. GLHF!
- UI Updates
- New camera/car orientation for party members. Squad up!
- Ability to disable or enable Air Roll
Restructured Options Menu
- Edit Quick Chat, Avatar, Banner, and Title settings more quickly here
- First Time Purchase Verification Modal
- Players will now receive a verification pop-up when purchasing items in the shop
iOS Controller Support
- Resolved a bug that would register the last button pressed as stuck.
- Corrected multiple input spam
- Static joystick option is added
- No more slip of the thumbs during intense gameplay! You can now lock it in your desired location.
- Joystick Settings now located in the Control Customization Submenu
- Adjusted the bottom row of buttons to resolve issues with overlapping on certain screens.
- General clean up to button and font sizes
- Addressed issues with some devices running hot