Back in April, the 2023 GT World Challenge DLC added three new GT3 cars from the 2023 GT World Challenge Europe series: Ferrari 296 GT3, the Porsche 911 GT3 R 992 and the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo2.
However, there was one car missing from the pack, with McLaren unveiling the improved 720S EVO GT3 earlier this year. But anymore.
McLaren 720S GT3 Evo free to download in Assetto Corsa Competizione
The 720S Evo boasts a new aerodynamic package with a revamped front bumper and splitter bringing improved aerodynamics that increase the overall downforce and shift the balance forward.
There are also upgrades to the suspension, with upper wishbone changes allowing for more caster alignment. Refinements made to the traction control and engine management also improve the track racer’s performance.
For now, the McLaren 720S GT3 EVO is only free for PC players, but Kunos Simulazioni says it’s also coming to consoles “soon.”
Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.9.3 patch notes
The McLaren 720S GT3 EVO is included as part of Update 1.9.3 available to download now on Steam. Along with the free car, the update brings BOP improvements for Bathurst and Paul Ricard among other physics changes.
You can find more details in the Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.9.3 patch notes below.
- Added new McLaren 720S GT3 Evo 2023.
- Fixed an issue at Valencia with pitlane detection.
- BOP fine tuning for Bathurst.
- BOP fine tuning for Paul Ricard.
- Honda and Bentley performance improvements.
- Audi R8 LMS GT3 EvoII aeromap during yaw rotation improvements.
- Tyre model consumption tweaks.
- Tyre model slick tyres at very cold/wet temperatures tweaks.
- Ferrari 296 GT3 steering lock set at 400.
- Ferrari 296 GT3 number of ECU maps fix (no other changes).
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO2 fuel consumption relative to engine braking ecu maps fixed (inverted).
For more articles like this, take a look at our Assetto Corsa page.