The new Formula 1 season is just around the corner and a new update has landed for F1 2020.
While many fans are already looking ahead to F1 2021, Codemasters has been keeping the current title well-supported recently.
The new update, 1.16, has just arrived.
F1 2020 Update 1.16 patch notes
Coming in at 410MB on Xbox, it's not a huge patch but the update does correct a few things.
- Addressed an issue where F2 setups could not be downloaded from time trial leaderboards.
- Addressed an issue on PS4 where pressing "Find Me" would result in time trial leaderboards being empty. This could lead to a perpetual load going to track.
- Addressed a crash when negotiating with a driver while an activity was scheduled for the same day in MyTeam.
- Addressed a crash when retiring and advancing to the next session in Classic Full Qualifying.
- Addressed a crash when a player leaves/re-joins while a player is scrolling through lap times in the race director.
- Increased the update rate of the weather forecast in the garage monitor.
- Addressed an issue where the option to select a new car livery for ‘Multiplayer and Solo Use’ did not highlight.
That's a lot of quality of life fixes that should make the racing experience in F1 2020 much better for players everywhere.
The patch is out now on PC, Xbox, and PS4, and should arrive very soon for Stadia players.
F1 2021 latest news
What is happening with F1 2021? Well, everything is pretty quiet on that front officially, but fans are about to get their first look at the F1 2021 liveries thanks to team reveal events.
Tonight, McLaren will be the first team to officially unveil their 2021 challenger, and later this week AlphaTauri will show off their new look.
Elsewhere, the EA takeover of Codemasters heads to UK court tomorrow as the last hurdle to completion. There isn't expected to be any issues that hold up the takeover, and fans could even see the EA Sports logo when they fire up F1 2021 for the first time.