A new update for F1 2021 has landed.
As expected, Codemasters has been hard at work correcting a few issues with the game, even as the majority of players are having seamless races.
Let's see what's in this update!
F1 2021 Update 1.05 patch notes
This update is mostly focused on stability and correcting crashes. That's a very welcome move from Codemasters!
The update is now available on PC and PlayStation, and will be coming to Xbox consoles very soon.
Let's take a look at the patch notes:
- Improvements to DLSS implementation.
- Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split.
- Addressed an issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked.
- Rebalanced Prologue and chapter 9 of Braking Point on Hard difficulty.
- Addressed a crash when previewing items within the Podium Pass.
- Addressed a crash when Player 2 quits in Two-Player Career Player career while Player 1 is in an interview.
- Addressed a crash with UDP if the number of active cars was zero.
- Addressed a crash when editing colours of customisation items.
- Addressed issues regarding Ray Tracing on PS5. Ray Tracing has now been re-enabled.
- Addressed a crash that could occur when saving an F2™ highlight from Grand Prix mode.
- Addressed an issue where Two-Player Career could be locked to equal performance.
- Addressed an issue where players could be placed on sub-optimal tyres during an F2™ Sprint race.
- Addressed an issue where the game could briefly stall when passing the start/finish line in one-shot qualifying.
- Addressed an issue where only the lobby host would be notified that the Virtual Safety Car was ending.
- Added option to select Ray Tracing quality on PC.
- Disabled keyboards as an input device on Xbox to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls. This will be re-enabled once the underlying issue has been resolved with system firmware.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
All of these are very welcome and necessary updates to the game.
What about the performance update?
We are all expecting a big performance update from Codemasters to re-balance the AI cars. It should make Haas far less competitive and give the Red Bull a bit of a boost, as well as generally toning down some of the speeds players are able to achieve compared to the real world races.
We expect it to arrive in update 1.06 or 1.07, once the majority of stability issues are corrected.