Formula 1 is back on our screens and Codemasters is still working to improve the current game, as F1 2021 Update 1.17 lands across all platforms.
What does the update bring to the game?
Let's check it out!
F1 2021 Update 1.17 patch notes
The new update, which is rolling out now and comes in at 1.3 GB (on Steam) and addresses a few gameplay issues that players have had recently.
Perhaps best of all though, it returns the awesome White Red Bull to the game, which ran at Turkey as part of Red Bull's celebration for their Honda partnership.
Let's take a look at the full patch notes now:
- Addressed an issue where if a player joined during the grace period of a qualifying session, they would be unable to start the race.
- Fastest lap point is no longer removed after editing results in Leagues.
- Grid penalties now correctly carry over from sessions in Leagues if they are completed at different times.
- Red Bull White livery added as an option to use on the Player Car.
- Improved AI Behaviour in sessions when they are on in-laps with faster cars approaching.
- Addressed an issue where Victory VO may not play at the end of a race.
- Addressed a calibration issue with the Fanatec CSL DD pedals.
- Addressed an issue where the R&D completed or failed screen would show up blank.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
F1 2022 game
Codemasters is yet to officially announce F1 2022, but we know it's coming.
We expect a reveal trailer to drop in April, with a release date of some time in early/mid-July.
Along with the usual Codemasters entry, an F1 Manager game is on the way this year too. Providing the chance to become a Team Principal for one of the official F1 teams, it will be a whole new way to put yourself into Formula 1.