After a week of play and several issues for a lot of players, the first update has arrived and along with it F1 22 Update 1.05 patch notes!
Let's see what Codemasters is fixing in this first update.
F1 22 Update 1.05 patch notes
There are a lot of general bug fixes and corrections in the new update.
Engine wear has been tweaked during gameplay and the Fanatec load cell issue that so brutally damaged frame rates.
There are also general stability fixes, online, and VR play.
Here are the full patch notes.
- ICE wear rate reduced to be less punishing when aggressively downshifting or over-revving.
- Resolved incorrect collision at Jeddah turn 1.
- Virtual rear mirror visibility setting will now apply correctly.
- Characters on the podium will now appear correctly.
- HUD elements will now appear correctly in split-screen races.
- Addressed an issue where the team badge could appear corrupted after a race weekend in MyTeam.
- Loyalty pack items will now correctly appear in users’ inventory.
- Addressed an issue where using Fanatec Load Cell pedals would result in reduced frame rate.
- Updated MyTeam engine supplier durability ratings (will not affect existing careers).
- Updated fuel amount for Bahrain F1® Sprint events.
- Rain no longer appears within the car in supercar replays.
- Addressed an issue where the race engineer would note a component issue and then immediately state it was resolved.
- Adaptive triggers now have the correct resistance on PC.
- Addressed an issue where AI drivers on flying laps could brake to not pass yielding vehicles.
- Addressed an issue when retiring from Qualifying 1 or 2 despite having a time to move to the next session, would transition to the race.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when joining an in-progress Social Play lobby.
- Sponsors can now be correctly applied to the Player Car.
- General Stability Improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
- Addressed a crash when entering a multiplayer lobby in progress.
- Addressed an issue where the starting grid option could not be modified in multiplayer lobbies.
- Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen.
- Addressed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating.
A firmware update was recently released by Thrustmaster which we believe will resolve a number of issues with those peripherals in F1® 22. We recommended installing this update if you are currently experiencing issues.