Monday sees Codemasters drop a new patch for Formula 1 and we have the F1 22 Update 1.09 patch notes!
The list is pretty in this update, and includes news on crossplay following its recent beta test.
Of course, F1 22 isn't the only Formula 1 game these days, as F1 Manager 2022 hits early release this week.
But what has Codemasters fixed? Let's check it out.
F1 22 Update 1.09
There are plenty of big bug fixes and quality of life changes for the Formula 1 game.
The biggest points are an improvement to the automatic gearbox assist that corrects spending too long on the rev limiter and a fix for starting tyre temperatures when not using a formation lap.
There have also been updates to AI logic in certain situations and some multiplayer stability updates too.
Crossplay lands later this week
While not included in Update 1.09, EA & Codemasters has confirmed that crossplay will arrive in the game later this week after its recent beta testing.
Once it does land you will need to go to Game Options > Settings to enable crossplay.
Check out the full patch notes below! As ever, if you encounter any bugs you can visit the EA Answers HQ to submit reports.
F1 22 Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the automatic gearbox hits rev-limiter for too long before upshifting
- Fixed an issue that caused radio commands to be disabled after using Flashback in certain circumstances
- Tyre temperatures are now correct when starting a race with no formation lap in offline modes
- Fixed an issue where players can receive incorrect penalties at Turn 4 of Australia
- Improved logic on AI leaving pit lane at Paul Ricard
- Lowered the threshold for enabling/disabling DRS in changeable conditions
- Fixed an issue where races cannot start when host spectates formation lap in Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to see other drivers' lap times in Race Director
- Fixed an issue where cars with maximum downforce upgrades may incorrectly experience high tyre temperatures
- Fixed an issue where changes to race style settings and AI difficulty in Career mode may reset on game launch
- Fixed a timing issue causing incorrect sector and lap times when using Broadcast formation lap
- Renewing sponsorship contract on the same day as a Department Event can no longer be exceptionally long
- Fixed an issue where, in specific graphic settings, transparent boxes were sometimes appearing in-game
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.