After more than a week of waiting the first post-release patch is on the way, welcome to F1 23 Update 1.05! This update will fix a number of pressing bugs that have forced fans to turn certain features off completely.
Available across Xbox, PlayStation, and PC "in the coming days", Codemasters is being oddly vague about the date for this patch, but at least we know what will be in the upcoming patch to F1 23.
UPDATE: Since publication this patch has since gone live across Xbox, PlayStation, and PC
Red flag fix, added to 25% race
The biggest fix in Update 1.05 is a fix to the red flag bug. This issue would give incorrect finishing positions for any race where a red flag came out. Rather than taking the final result, the game would give the result at the time the red flag was thrown.
It, along with the safety car, has also been added as an option for 25% races, allowing players to get the full experience even if they don't have time for a long race.
Several other key details are going to be corrected in F1 23 Update 1.05. Sponsor decals will finally appear on race suits & helmets in My Team, while the F2 save crash is getting fixed.
Realistic performance is coming back to two-player career, while TrueForce will be enabled for Logitech wheels on PlayStation and PC.
F1 23 Update 1.05 Patch Notes
Here are the full patch notes for the first major post-release patch to F1 23.
- Fixed an issue where Two Player Career was incorrectly using equal performance instead of realistic performance
- Fixed an issue where Safety Car and Formation Lap were disabled in 25% short race distances
- Fixed an issue where players could be removed from Multiplayer lobbies when interacting with some system menus
- Fixed an issue where some players could experience FPS drops at night races
- Fixed an issue where cars would incorrectly collide when the setting 'Collisions off for first lap only' was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash with an additional career F2 save active
- Fixed an issue where finishing positions would be incorrect after a Red Flag
- Fixed an issue where TrueForce was not applied for Logitech wheels on Playstation and PC
- Fixed an issue where the car would hit a wall driving out of the 11th garage at Monaco causing damage
- Fixed an issue where switching between 'Performance' and 'Quality' graphics modes caused FPS issues on Xbox Series X
- Fixed an issue when an F1 World goal expires while a bonus goal is active resulting in an error message
- Corrected the 'Renault Driver Academy' to the 'Alpine Driver Academy' in Single Player Career
- Fixed an issue where, with certain settings enabled, the Virtual Rear View Mirror would be present when looking backwards
- Fixed an issue where sponsors decals would not appear on race suits and helmets in My Team
- Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck on the grid in Chapter 7 in Braking Point
- Fixed an issue where the strategy change after damage wouldn't appear on the Voice Command display
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.