Update 1.15 has arrived on the F1 23 grid, and it brings with it some pretty big changes. As well as the expected stability improvements and bug fixes, Update 1.15 also contains updated liveries and bodywork for the F1 cars, and introduces the F2 2023 season to the game.
Let’s take a look at Update 1.15 now available in F1 23.
Update 1.15 includes the F1 Sports Update. This brings the F1 grid up to date, with accurate liveries, sponsor placement, and bodywork. Gone are the Mercedes no-pods, with each car now reflecting its real-life counterpart.
On the surface, this is a minor change to the game, but for those players who like accuracy, this is a big update. Being able to race in the US Grand Prix this weekend in the same cars as the real-life race increases the immersion for many players.
The F1 Sports Update also updates the drivers’ attire on the grid. Most of the teams have kept the same or similar racing suits throughout 2023, but for those who have made changes, this is also a neat update for those seeking realism.
It’s not just the F1 teams that are affected by Update 1.15 however.
Along with the F1 Sports Update, F1 23’s Update 1.15 also sees the F2 2023 season brought into the game. This will replace the existing F2 cars and drivers with the full 2023 roster, including rookies like Victor Martins, Oliver Bearman, and Isack Hadjar.
For players starting an F2 Career, or just looking for an updated F2 grid for one-off races, this is a great addition to the game. It’s not just F2 where we see new drivers though.
Update 1.15 also sees the addition of the F1 Pro Series drivers to the Icon pool in My Team. This sees the F1 Esports champions including Jarno Opmeer and Lucas Blakely added to the game as My Team icons. Considering just how quick these guys are in the F1 Esport series, it’ll be great to see them decked out in your team colours in an actual F1 car.
F1 23 Update 1.15 patch notes
Along with these incredible new features, F1 23’s Update 1.15 also seeks to fix a long list of issues with the game. From incorrectly applied safety car penalties, to track limit violations not being detected properly, Update 1.15 aims to fix a lot of niggling bugs within F1 23.
You can read the full Update 1.15 patch notes below, or click here to read more about Update 1.15:
- Addition of the F2™ 2023 season in-game
- Addition of 'F1® Pro Series' drivers to the Icon driver pool in My Team
- Sports Update for F1® 23, changes to vehicle geometry, bodywork, sponsors, colours, and team attire have all been made
- Fixed an issue where the Singapore Grand Prix was incorrectly 61 laps instead of 62
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to get 'Speeding under the Safety Car' penalties when entering the pits with a negative delta time
- Fixed an incorrect bump on the pitlane entry of Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, potentially unsettling the car
- Fixed an issue with corner cutting and track limits at the Las Vegas Strip Circuit. This necessitates TT leaderboards for Las Vegas to be reset in this patch
- Fixed an issue where the front suspension on the official cars was not attached to the wheel
- Fixed an issue where textures on top of the halo were not correct on the Ferrari SF-23
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.