There's only one Formula 1 race left to go in 2023, but the updates to F1 23 are still rolling in. Update 1.17 fixes many issues players have been suffering, but the new Ferrari livery undoubtedly steals the show.
Let’s take a look at what’s new in F1 23’s Update 1.17.
Golden age of racing
Those worried about the Las Vegas Grand Prix were ultimately proved wrong, with the race delivering all the action fans have been crying out for all year.
Nearly the entire grid brought special liveries to their cars for Sin City, but one stood out among the rest. Ferrari’s ‘Golden Age’ livery won over the fans, with its retro touches and white rear wing bringing a touch of class to the Las Vegas Strip.
Update 1.17 to F1 23 adds the Golden Age livery to F1 23, with the usual Ferrari livery sent to the pits. Along with the car livery, the special Ferrari race suits worn by Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz are also available in F1 23.
Like all the other replacement liveries though, this is for a limited time only, so players will need to act fast if they want to take the golden age of Ferrari for a spin.
Besides the Ferrari livery, Aston Martin has also seen some attention in Update 1.17. The AMR23 has had its visuals updated to bring the car more in line with its real-life counterpart.
So the cars look good on the track, but Update 1.17 also brings several fixes to F1 23.
F1 23’s Update 1.17 brings more fixes to the game. From issues in multiplayer races to problems with F1 World events, Update 1.17 aims to resolve many of the snags still plaguing F1 23.
F2 23 and five-lap races have been prevented from appearing in Ranked Multiplayer, with multiplayer playlists now no longer failing to progress the lobby to the next race.
F1 World players will also no longer be promoted through the ranks without competing in ranked races, so no more suddenly being ranked Gold when you should be Bronze.
Finally, ‘Solo & Multiplayer’ events have seen their names and titles reinstated, with the Pitcoin and XP boost buying crash also now fixed.
F1 23 Update 1.17 patch notes
Check out the full F1 23 Update 1.17 patch notes below.
- Addition of the Scuderia Ferrari SF-23 “Golden Era” Livery, race suit, and driver helmets
- Updates to the visuals of the Aston Martin AMR23 to bring the car closer to its real-life counterpart
- Fixed an issue where F2 23 and 5 lap races were incorrectly appearing in Ranked Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where Events in F1 World tab “Solo & Multiplayer events” were missing their titles and names
- Fixed an issue when completing a race in Multiplayer Grand Prix with multiple races in the playlist does not progress the lobby to the next race
- Fixed an issue where players were being promoted without completing any Ranked Division races
- Fixed an issue when buying Pitcoin from the store and then buying an XP boost would cause a crash
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get the latest racing game news and deals straight to your inbox!
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.