The latest F1 Manager 2022 update is here, with update 1.10 addressing several issues reported by the community and bringing quality-of-life improvements. Let’s look at the F1 Manager 2022 update 1.10 patch notes to find out what’s new.
Improved car models
As Frontier Developments highlighted last month, F1 Manager 2022 update 1.10 adds updated car models and liveries with more accurate designs, allowing for more variance on the grid. This was a common complaint as the car designs looked nearly identical before the patch.
Additionally, the update improves the estimated race time calculations in the strategy view and adjusts preset strategy suggestions to be more competitive. Fuel usage issues in qualifying are also addressed along with optimisation improvements.
Next F1 Manager 2022 update coming later this year
Last month, Frontier Developments announced the next F1 Manager 2022 update will be the last patch with major gameplay improvements as the focus shifts to working on F1 Manager 2022. This attracted widespread backlash from the community.
However, Frontier will continue supporting F1 Manager 2022 after update 1.10, confirming the team is working to resolve issues affecting DRS in races and unlapping behind the Safety Car in the next update.
Frontier aims to fix these issues in the next patch due to arrive “before the end of the year.”
In the meantime, you can find a full list of changes and fixes in the F1 Manager 2022 update 1.10 patch notes below.
F1 Manager 2022 update 1.10 patch notes
- Updated calculation for ‘Estimated Race Time’ in Strategy view and adjusted preset strategy suggestions to be more competitive
- Fixed an issue where cars could run out of fuel on their second run in Qualifying
- Fixed an issue where race engineers would warn drivers about low fuel during Qualifying
- Fixed an issue where changing the length of a run plan, then reverting the change, would lead to the car having a different quantity of fuel
- Fixed an issue where AI would not refuel cars after a red flag in Qualifying, resulting in DNFs
- Resolved rare instances of crashes when transitioning between race view and replays
- Resolved rare instances of a crash if AI ran out of wet tyres and attempted another pit stop
- Resolved rare issue causing a soft-lock if the game is closed before completing the new season period
- Fixed an issue where cars in Practice could retire with 0kg of fuel, but still display a positive fuel delta
- Fixed an issue where replays would sometimes end before the commentary finished
- Removing instances of Team Radio lines not matching their subject matter
- Updated multiple car models and liveries, for more variance through the grid and closer alignment with the real-world cars
- Resolved an issue causing the 3D Map to appear incorrectly when using ultra-wide screen monitors
- Updated signage and track-side sponsors at Monaco
- Updates kerbs at Circuit Paul Ricard, turn 8
- Updated VSC/SC/red flag rules in Free Practice sessions, including removal of DRS restrictions after a red flag
- Resolved instances where driver commands would affect speed under Safety Car or Virtual Safety Car conditions
- EULA will no longer reappear during startup if the player resets their game to default settings
- Resolved an issue causing position change arrows to display in the Drivers’ Standings page during Qualifying
- Resolved issue where the 'Position Gain' sponsorship guarantee did not take grid penalties into account