This new update WILL apply to existing saves, so there will be no need to start all over again.
Let's see what Frontier has for at-home managers!
F1 Manager 2022 update 1.11
There are a lot of balancing changes to DRS, slipstream, and dirty air in this update.
But perhaps the biggest change for all those Road To Glory saves is unlapping.
The safety car procedure has been updated to allow lapped cars through when appropriate. Unlapping behaviour under green flags has also been improved.
There are plenty of other updates too, so let's take a look at the full patch notes.
F1 Manager 2022 update 1.11 patch notes
These are the complete update patch notes from Frontier!
- Updated Safety Car procedure to allow lapped cars to unlap themselves, when appropriate
- Updated overtaking behaviour to allow cars to unlap themselves in normal race conditions, when they demonstrate sufficient pace compared to the car on the lead lap
- Reduced strength of DRS performance
- Increased effective range of slipstream, meaning that following cars will be affected by slipstream at greater distances behind a leading car
- Increased effective range of ‘dirty air’, meaning that following cars will be affected by dirty air at greater distances behind a leading car
- Added ‘Aerodynamic Balance’ option to the Settings Menu, under the Gameplay tab. This option allows players to choose between the “recommended” setting, featuring all the aerodynamics balance updates in Update 1.11, or the “original” setting, in which those changes will not be active. After updating to 1.11, all players will default to the “recommended” setting. Players can only change between these settings when they are in the Headquarters or Main Menu screens; changing this option will not be available during the Race Weekend.
- Resolved issue causing unintentionally inaccurate weather predictions in the ‘Track Condition’ areas
- Increased the tyre wear threshold for AI cars to pit under safety car conditions
- Support added for Razer Chroma peripherals. This covers team colours, racing flags (red, yellow, chequered), replays, and ‘lights out’ sequence.
Car Part Development
- Updated the description of rushed manufacturing to remove incorrect information
- Performance gap for the ‘DRS Delta’ stat is now more significant, increasing its potential effectiveness
- Updated text string on pre-session screen to remove inaccurate details