Update: After launching on PC last week, f1 manager 2022 Update 1.6 is out now on PlayStation and Xbox. You can read the F1 Manager 2022 Update 1.6 patch notes below for a full list of changes.
We are just 24 hours on from the full release and there is already F1 Manager 2022 Update 1.6 patch notes!
We love this game, as you can read in our F1 Manager 2022 review, but it is far from perfect. We've detailed a few key factors the game is missing, but it looks like Frontier is already diving into the fixes and patches now that players have had a chance to get their hands on it.
Reporting F1 Manager 2022 bugs
Frontier has set up a very effective reporting system.
Detailed on the official subreddit, r/F1Manager, this thread contains everything you need to tell Frontier about any issues you encounter when playing the game.
F1 Manager 2022 Update 1.6 patch notes
With that out of the way let's dive into the patch notes.
One of the biggest fixes in this patch is the gearbox glitch, which could cause a newly-fitted gearbox to inherit the wear of the last one you used.
The Focus glitch has also been tweaked, so it looks like you won't just be able to max the Focus bar on every part to make OP upgrades anymore.
- Further adjustments to AI teams’ behaviour when signing reserve drivers
- Fixed Alpha Tauri livery appearing offset from car body
- Fixed issue with livery appearance on Scuderia AlphaTauri and Oracle Red Bull Racing cars
Car Parts and Development
- Fixed issue causing any newly-fitted gearboxes to incorrectly inherit the wear/damage levels of the previous gearbox
- Reduced car performance impact of adding ‘Focus’ to new part designs
- Fixed instances of floating tyres appearing during some cutscenes
- Fixed issue causing the cutscene camera to sometimes appear underground
- Fixed issue that caused commentary to mention drivers being at the front of the grid, when they were at the back of the grid
- Fixed visual issues when a team ‘double stacks’ their pit stops
- All-time records for the highest ever income in a season, and the highest ever team rating, are now stored in-game
- Fixed the issue of incomplete laps times being included when looking for the fastest qualifying lap
- Fixed an issue causing cars to repeatedly teleporting back to the garage after a DNF
- Yellow flags will no longer be shown for cars already returned to the garage after the chequered flag
- Fixed issue where drivers who had only completed their out lap are listed at the top of the standings after a Practice session
- Further balancing of potential track incidents at Zandvoort
- Fixed an issue causing tyres to be treated as ‘fresh’ tyres when comparing the lap time and ‘life time’ in Qualifying options screen
- Fixed crash that could occur when attempting to launch the game on PC
- Fixed hard lock that could occur during the ‘lights out’ sequence at the start of a race
- Increased performance when advancing time when playing later seasons
- Fixed a softlock in onboarding if the Race Preparation tutorial is started whilst the car part fitting tutorial is in progress
- Fixes for instances of a soft lock that could occur during replays
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.