Update 1.9 for F1 Manager 2023 has just dropped, changing some significant parts of the game. Along with some major bug and glitch fixes, F1 Manager 2023 update 1.9 brings tweaks to the race simulation and even a new setting for players struggling with the game.
Let’s take a look at the F1 Manager 2023 update 1.9 patch notes to find out what's new.
It’s always annoying when your favourite driver gets a penalty during an F1 race. It’s even more annoying when that driver is driving for the team you’re managing.
F1 Manager 2023 update 1.9 changes how penalties are applied during a race. Investigations now take place after an incident to see if a penalty should be applied. If no punishment is required, a message will appear across the top of the screen saying: “Investigation: No penalty given.”
It’s still possible for your drivers to receive harsh penalties after banging wheels with their rivals, but now the game will make it clearer how those penalties are applied. If you are managing Sergio Perez, be prepared to see this message a lot!
For players looking for an easier experience to avoid penalties, Update 1.9 also brings a new setting that’s perfect for that.
So far, the F1 Manager series has only had one difficulty level. This is sometimes too easy for players, with many taking Williams to the Constructors Championship within the first two seasons, whereas others have struggled to get to grips with things like car development.
Update 1.9 fixes this by bringing a difficulty setting for both Race Sim AI and AI Car Development. Now players can customise their difficulty more precisely, creating a bespoke racing experience and making the game more challenging for themselves.
For players looking for a quick trip to the top of the grid, they can lower the difficulty and guide Haas to a first World Championship. For those wanting a gruelling test, they can up the difficulty and watch their Alfa Romeo team grind their way to victory.
F1 Manager 2023 Update 1.9 patch notes
It’s not just the penalty and difficulty systems being overhauled in F1 Manager 2023. Update 1.9 also addresses multiple issues with the game, ranging from updated DRS zones and lap count adjustments to AI car upgrades and incorrect terminology in emails.
You can read the full F1 Manager 2023 Update 1.9 patch notes below, or click here to find out more about Update 1.9:
- Optimised memory usage during cinematics
- Intel GPUs without active driver development now default to DX11 for improved stability
- Added 'Career Difficulty' options for Race Sim AI and AI Car Development
- Added penalty investigations
- Added “Investigation: No penalty given” outcome for incidents not warranting a time penalty
- Enabled AI to fit new car parts between races, rather than only on race day; resulting in more informative car comparison data
- Updated recommended strategies for Jeddah
- Adjusted start times for P2 on Sprint weekends
- Fixed audio reactions to constructor title win not triggering when won during a Sprint
- Fixed audio reactions to dominant constructor title win referring to a "close" title win when won during a Sprint
- Updated Singapore GP lap total from 63 to 62 [NEW SAVES ONLY]
- Fixed Alonso Sprint win triggering Grand Prix win commentary lines
- Fixed grid lights staying on after race start
- Updated medium speed sections on Marina Bay circuit map
- Updated DRS zones on Hermanos Rodríguez, Red Bull Ring, and Suzuka circuit maps
- Updated circuit speed on Barcelona circuit map
- Fixed main driver name appearing in replays instead of reserve driver when used in Practice
- Fixed sponsor obligation targets not displaying when progressing to screen using R2 button
- Fixed Recent History screen in Board Profile showing current drivers for previous seasons
- Fixed Race Moment briefly, incorrectly displaying as "On Target" in data view
- Fixed "Go to..." link not working when multiple fanfares are triggered simultaneously
- Fixed Play/Stop Team Intro button not working when using a controller during new career setup
- Updated "Last Lap" notification to say "Final Lap"
- Fixed starting grid positions not displaying on Race Preparation screen
- Fixed "DRS Disabled" message appearing instead of "DRS Enabled" after loading a mid-session save
- Fixed rival team principal email stating signed driver is "with us for now" on Jan 1st, after driver is signed on Dec 31st
- Fixed rival team principal stating "It could be going better" in F1 Monthly update, when in first place
- Fixed repetition of "chassis" in email when rushed car part design project is delayed
- Stopped "Skip sponsorship obligation" email dilemma being sent after final race
- Improved lighting in garage scenes during night races
- Fixed mechanic clipping through chair in garage
- Adjusted cameras used for Bahrain intro cinematic
- Fixed bottle clipping and shaking in Monaco podium scenes
- Fixed camera view being obscured by set on post-race reaction cinematic
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.