Forza Horizon 5’s Auction House is closed after players managed to break the in-game economy with a credit farming exploit.
Forza Horizon 5 Auction House closed
The Forza Horizon 5 Auction House is a handy way to expand your car collection or earn extra credits to buy your dream car.
A staple Forza feature since Forza Motorsport 2 on the Xbox 360, it allows you to bid on cars or sell your unwanted cars to other players and make some extra cash.
However, the auction house in Forza Horizon 5 has been closed for over a week due to the game’s broken economy.
As PCGamesN reports, Forza Horizon 5’s auction house was closed after players found an exploit to earn infinite credits in Super 7 Community events. These wealthy players would then buy up everything in the auction house, hiking prices up and breaking the in-game economy as a result.
To stop this, the Forza Horizon 5 Auction House is temporarily closed until Playground Games can rebalance the game economy.
Forza Horizon 5 hotfix
In the meantime, a Forza Horizon 5 hotfix has rolled out on PC, Xbox, and Steam. While it fixes the Super 7 Exploit, the auction house is still closed at the time of writing.
“The Auction House remains unavailable as we continue to work towards a solution to rebalance the Auction House economy,” the patch notes read. “We apologise for the inconvenience, and we’ll share another update on this as soon as possible.”
As well as fixing the Super 7 Exploit, the hotfix also addresses other issues including a glitch in chapter 3 of the Donut Media Horizon Story where the Speed Zone wasn’t activating, graphical fixes for the 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z and 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec R, and stability improvements.
You can find a full list of changes in the Forza Horizon 5 Hotfix patch notes below.
Forza Horizon 5 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Xbox One: 2.533.661.0
- Xbox Series: 3.533.661.0
- PC: 3.533.661.0
- Steam: 1.533.661.0
- Fixed an issue in chapter 3 of Donut Media @Horizon story where the Speed Zone wasn't getting activated for some players
- Fixed an issue where some players could experience client crashes on when upgrading their cars in chapter 2 of the Donut Media @ Horizon story
- Fixed an issue with the 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec R hood would incorrectly display when applying the C-West Street hood alongside the Rocket Bunny widebody kit
- Fixed an issue with the 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z missing rear diffuser on the Rocket Bunny widebody kit
- Fixed an issue with Super 7 challenges where players could get an unintended amount of credits through an exploit
- General stability improvements