The Forza Horizon 5 Italian Automotive update's Patch Notes have been released by PlayGround Games.
This update is a big one, as it includes plenty of new cars, as well as a better overall experience for players of Forza Horizon 5. Forza Horizon 5 is constantly expanding, and the update for 15th August continues that run.
Here are the full patch notes for the 15th August 2023 Forza Horizon 5 update!
Forza Horizon 5 Italian Automotive Patch Notes
As the date of these patch notes suggest, this update is live for all players of Forza Horizon 5 as of 15th August. This is the case whether you're playing on Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One or Windows PC.
There are new features such as the limit of cars in the garage being increased and more tune and livery slots available to all players.
The standout feature though, has to be that of the new Italian cars available to race around in. Vehicles from Abarth, Lancia, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo are all in the game and there are some stunning beauties in this over 20-car addition.
New Features (Available from August 15th)
- Increased Garage space (from 1000 to 2000 slots)
- Increased Tune slots (from 600 to 1000 slots)
- Increased Livery slots (from 600 to 1000 slots)
Developer’s Notes: “I wanted to share some of the complexities behind making a change like this.
The save game also contains a local copy of your campaign progression, as well as your cars, your liveries and tunes, and everything else. It's "reserved space", meaning that when we increase the size of the save game, we have to find and assign additional space on the disk to ensure we'll have it when we need it. If you’re wondering, this update will increase the size of the save game to 2 GB.
Since we synchronise this data to remote storage, increasing the space assigned on disk has a lot of second-tier complexity. For example, we need to increase the number of car thumbnails and car data that can be loaded by screens like Car Select at the start of events, or when you're viewing your Garage. The Auction House needs to be updated to handle the number of cars you could have at any one time. We need to deploy a new backend to begin supporting the change before we even get the on-disk update out to you, so we're sure that the servers are spun up and ready when the actual change goes live. Making things even more complicated is the fact that we manage two separate types of remote storage - one for Xbox or Steam (depending on your platform) and the other for our internal servers which primarily support the auction house, as well as the message center and loads of other systems that now need to know MaxCars=2000.
In short, making a change to the number of cars you can has impacts from the bytes on disk, through many screens and systems, and all the way out to the various servers that support the game.
TL;DR you can have 2000 cars now, I'm sorry it took so long to update it, but I hope this explanation provides a little bit of insights into what's actually involved.
Torben Ellert - Design Director"
- Italian Automotive Collector Accolade
- 7 EventLab props
- Boat Piñata
- Star Decal
- Shell Decal
- Snail Decal
- Banana Boat
- Green Backdrop
- Blue Backdrop
"Italian Automotive" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from August 17th until September 14th)
- Italian Automotive Start Screen
- Evolving World: Abarth/Alfa Romeo/Fiat/Lancia billboards
- Evolving World: Boat Piñata collectible
- 8 Autoshow Cars (Available from August 15th onwards)
- 1968 Abarth 595 Esseesse
- 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
- 1965 Alfa Romeo TZ2
- 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
- 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde
- 1980 Fiat 124 Sport Spider
- 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo
- 1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
- 8 Festival Playlist Reward Cars (Available from August 17th onwards)
- 1980 Abarth 131
- 2016 Abarth 659
- 2017 Abarth 124
- 1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
- 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
- 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- 1982 Lancia 037
- 1986 Lancia Delta S4
Italian Exotics Car Pack (Available from August 15th - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)
- 2020 Ferrari Roma
- 2022 Ferrari 296 GTB
- 2019 Italdesign Davinci Concept
- 2018 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracàn Super Trofeo
- 2020 Lamborghini SC20
- 2020 Lamborghini Essenza SCV12
- 2022 Lamborghini Huracàn Tecnica
- Fixed an issue with the Auction House where sometimes last minute bid extensions were not functioning correctly (Bug ID 3904675)
- Fixed an issue with Icons Of Speed story where sometimes the drivatar was slowing down and getting ghosted at the beginning of chapter 1 (Bug ID 3901376)
- Fixed an issue where BSL video was missing from Icons of Speed chapter 4 outro (Bug ID 3896325)
- Improvements made to some instances where traffic was not synced for players in a convoy (Bug ID 3900324)
- Fixed an issue with Seasonal EventLab were blueprints downloads and usage were not getting counted correctly when participating in Coop/PvP modes (Bug ID 3397287)
- Fixed an issue in Seasonal Playground Games King Mode which had a total time of 10 minutes instead of 8 (Bug ID 3886012)
- General performance and stability fixes
- Improvements made to some unusual long loading times particularly on Windows Store PC clients before the start of the game window (Bug ID 3840750)
- Developer's Notes: Some players might experience a long black screen after the Xbox Game Studios introduction video. We're investigating this issue.
- Improvements made to some instances where the game client was crashing while booting the game (Bug ID 3904768)
- Fixed an issue where the unlocked framerate option would be hidden incorrectly (Bug ID 3899593)
- Fixed an issue with the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI where the front bumper sticker could display some textures anomalies with some paints and bumper parts (Bug ID 3886816)
- Fixed an issue with the 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT where the side vents colours didn't match the car's body (Bug ID 3904714)
- Fixed an issue with the 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT where the speedometer was incorrectly displaying km/h instead of mph (Bug ID 3904712)
- 1956 'Barbie Movie' Chevrolet Corvette EV and 2022 'Barbie Movie' Hummer EV Pick-up have been added to the Autoshow (Available from August 15th)
For more articles like this, take a look at our Forza page.