A new Gran Turismo 7 update has rolled out on PS5 and PS4. Compared to last week’s substantial update that added a plethora of new content, quality of life improvements, and physics updates, this is a minor update that fixes a few bugs so don’t expect any new cars or game features.
Let’s take a look at the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.21 patch notes.
Tyre wear issue fix
The main improvement is a fix for a tyre wear speed issue in one of the driving Missions. Before the patch, the tyre wear made it difficult to complete the Bathurst Gr.3 Battle mission in the The Sun Also Rises category.
There was also a License Test bug where it was not possible to progress after fast-forwarding to the next lap in some license demonstration videos. This is now fixed in update 1.21.
These are the only changes, but here are the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.21 patch notes.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.21 Patch Notes
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein the tire wear speed was too fast and made it difficult to clear “Bathurst Gr.3 Battle” in [Missions] > [The Sun Also Rises].
- Fixed an issue wherein gameplay could no longer be progressed after fast-forwarding to the next lap during playback of some of the license demonstration videos.
Polyphony has also shared an updated list of known GT7 issues that will hopefully be fixed in future patches. We’re also still waiting for the option to sell cars after Kaz promised this feature will be added in a future update back in April.
Sport & Lobby
- When doing Free Practices on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rally Cross Layout, stopping the car by using the handbrake and then pausing the game with the controller's "options" button, the car will not move afterwards. This issue can be fixed by selecting "Exit" from the pause menu and re-entering the track.
- Changing the muffler from the Intake & Exhaust category in Garage > Car Settings may cause the muffler on the car to disappear. If this issue occurs, it can be resolved by re-entering the Garage.
- In the Lobby, there have been cases where "Preparing" is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-enter the room will allow the race to be started.
- In the Lobby, there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room.
- In a 2P Split Screen race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings].)
- In the Lobby, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race.
- In the Lobby, there have been cases wherein completing a race would not let users progress further.
- There have been cases wherein the App hangs during the loading screen at start-up, and rare cases wherein the App crashes when entering certain race events. Deleting and re-installing Gran Turismo 7 might fix those issues. Please note that any Replays, Scapes Photos, and Race Photos that have not been shared in Showcase will be lost after uninstalling the game. (Only Replays up to 200MB in size can be shared.)
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gran Turismo page.