Need for Speed Unbound has been out for nearly two months. With no season pass or updates from EA, fans have been left wondering what the future holds for Criterion’s arcade racer.
While Need for Speed Heat was practically abandoned after launch, Criterion and EA plan to support Unbound with free content updates this year. Now, we have a clearer idea of when the first Need for Speed Unbound DLC will arrive.
First Need for Speed Unbound DLC details coming in March
In the first Under the Hood blog post of the year, EA reaffirmed that NFS Unbound’s free DLC will include “new features, experiences, content drops and more.” As for when the first DLC will arrive, EA says it will share more details in March.
“The feedback, suggestions, bugs & issues you report - and your participation in the global Need for Speed community - continue to drive our ongoing work and we’re excited y’all are along for the ride with us. So, buckle up and hit the gas - the road ahead is wide open,” EA wrote.
No further details about Need for Speed Unbound’s DLC plans were revealed. However, last December EA confirmed the first update will focus on “expanding social play features.”
This implies the multiplayer will be expanded with new modes that were missing at launch such as cop chases and night-time free roam.
Subsequent updates will then add “new modes and features, cars, customisation content and more.”
Need for Speed Unbound Update 1.1.4 patch notes
As well as confirming DLC plans, the first Need for Speed Unbound update has deployed on all platforms. Update 1.1.4 delivers stability improvements along with balancing changes for select cars.
Here are the patch notes for the Need for Speed Unbound January update:
Golf GTI 1976
- Rebalanced the Volkswagen Golf GTI (1976) to reduce its acceleration in high gears
- Fixed an issue with the Volkswagen Golf GTI (1976) that caused its gearbox options to not affect its top speed, as expected
Reduced the top-end acceleration of the Koenigsegg Regera and adjusted its cornering ability
- Improved the quality of VOIP for our PS5 players
Save game error/progress reset
- Added a warning message when the game fails to autosave correctly to reduce potential of lost progress
PC min specs warning
- Added a warning message when the game detects a below min spec configuration
- Multiple stability improvements to reduce the potential for game crashes