A new Need for Speed Unbound hotfix has arrived, addressing some of the bigger issues since the Vol 5 update dropped earlier this month.
Let’s take a look at what’s been fixed in Lakeshore City with the latest Need for Speed Unbound Hotfix.
NFS Unbound Hotfix addresses Vol 5 issues
The latest Hotfix for Need for Speed Unbound aims to fix issues highlighted since the release of the Vol 5 update earlier this month.
From the game freezing mid-race on PC to players being unable to select parts of the car to customise to challenges not progressing properly, there are plenty of problems preventing players from enjoying Need for Speed Unbound.
Thankfully, this Hotfix attempts to resolve most of these problems. Fixing the performance issues is by far the biggest highlight of the Hotfix.
The freezing issues on PC have prevented players from enjoying the game as intended, and have even affected us here at RacingGames. Stuttering during races, screen tearing, and of course the freezing have plagued the game even before the Vol 5 update landed, so it’s great to see the problem finally addressed.
Need for Speed Unbound update 5.0.2 patch notes
Here are the full patch notes for the latest Need for Speed Unbound hotfix:
General Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user was not able to select the headlights in order to edit when using a keyboard on the BMW i8 Coupe
- Fixed an issue where the Porsche 911 Legendary Custom and SRT Viper (2014) vehicles were present in the campaign after completing the Prologue.
- Fixed an issue where Sprint and Circuit playlist scorecards are showing the wrong car tiers.
- Fixed an issue where the game freezes on PC during gameplay or various menus.
- The One Shot challenge "Escape a Heat 5 cop chase in a Porsche Taycan" can be now progressed in Campaign and Multiplayer
- The One Shot challenge "Accumulate 200MI/322KM when being chased by cops" can now be progressed in Campaign and Multiplayer
- The One Shot challenge "Get to 88mph in the DeLorean" can be now progressed in Campaign and Multiplayer
- The One Shot challenge " Accumulate a 1-hour drift in the BMW M2" can be now progressed in Campaign and Multiplayer
- The BMW M2 (2023) can be now unlocked in Campaign and Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where the new Boosted Events and Linkups rotation was not appearing as intended
Click here to read more about the Need for Speed Unbound Hotfix.
Vol 5 aims to fix Need for Speed Unbound
Need for Speed Unbound's Vol 5 update arrived earlier this month. The latest update includes two new cars: the 2023 BMW M2 Coupe and 1987 Buick Grand National GNX. Overall though, Vol 5 is all about getting Unbound up to scratch.
From fixing issues with the Vol 4 update to finally addressing issues with the game since launch, the Vol 5 update could save Need for Speed Unbound.
You can read the full Need for Speed Unbound Vol 5 patch notes here.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Need for Speed page.