When you think of car sports games, you instantly think of Rocket League. But there’s a new car sports game chasing the crown.
Out now on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview, Turbo Golf Racing combines cars with golf, with a focus on competitive racing. In three rounds, up to eight players race to the finish attempting to hit their ball into the final hole first. It’s a lot of fun, but with limited content at this early stage.
Just one week after launch, the first free update has arrived adding six new levels, new Power Cores, a new car, and much more.
New car, levels, and Power Cores
The first Turbo Golf Racing update adds six new levels, bringing more variety to the golf car game: Rocket Ramp, The Snake, Bunker Balls, Dual Route Dash, Neon Raceway, and a Walk in the Woods. These new levels are already in rotation in online matches and can be unlocked for solo Time Trials.
There’s also a new car with the Whippy Ice Cream Truck available to buy in the in-game store.
In addition, the update adds a new two new Power Cores. The new Stomp Power Core stomps your car into the ground, “sending the ball flying with great force. This new Power Core can be unlocked by clocking up 300 seconds of gliding in online multiplayer.
A new Rough Rider Passive Power Core can also be unlocked by driving through the rough for over 300 seconds in online multiplayer. Equipping this Power Core stops long grass slowing you down.
New cosmetics and emojis are also included in the update.
Hugecalf Studios has also outlined a content roadmap for Turbo Golf Racing. The developer estimates Turbo Golf Racing will remain in Early Access and Xbox Game Preview for around 12 months. New updates will add more levels, cosmetics, and Power Cores.
In the next few months, Hugecalf Studios plans to add a new Biome, cross-platform parties, global leaderboards, private lobbies, and an improved Quest system and rewards. Further down the line, the developer is also looking to add improved missiles, new pick-ups, a ranked mode, new game modes, platform Achievements, and in-game stats.
The patch also adds a number of bug fixes. For a full list of changes, check out the patch notes below.
Turbo Golf Racing Cool as Ice Cream patch notes
- [Windows Store] Fixed an issue where players would get stuck on the “Logging you in with the Xbox network...” on login screen
- Provided a work around for players that experience “Waiting for QoS results” when searching for a match. Players who experience this should manually select their region from the settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where the game could cut to a black screen after the match ends
- Level Fix: Spots And Shots - the players ball could get stuck in the hole
- We’ve fixed various level exploits that would allow skipping of levels in unintended ways (thanks to the “TGR cool stuff” discord members for helping us find them!)
- Added more than 10 new cosmetic items!
- Added a New Active Power Core: Stomp - Stomps in to the ground, sending your ball flying with great force
- Added a new Passive Power Core: Rough Rider: Car ignores the effects of long grass
- Added 6 new levels:
Rocket Ramp, The Snake, Bunker Balls, Dual Route Dash, Neon Raceway, A Walk in the Woods
- We’ve removed the poop and yawn emoji. They have been replaced by Fire and Luck!