LEGO 2K Drive launched back in May. Despite some egregious microtransactions, 2K Games’ kart racer was a lot of fun thanks to its colourful visuals, vibrant open world, and enjoyable vehicle transforming mechanic.
Harking back to the original LEGO Racers from the 1990s, one of LEGO 2K Drive’s standout features is the ability to build your own vehicles brick by brick. It’s one of the best vehicle customisation modes you’ll find in a modern racing game.
What let the vehicle creator down was that you couldn’t share cars online or download other players’ wild creations – until now.
LEGO 2K Drive adds Creators Hub in free update
Out now, a free update adds a Creators Hub for the PlayStation, Xbox, and PC versions of LEGO 2K Drive, with a Nintendo Switch also “coming soon.”
The Creators Hub allows players to share their wacky vehicle designs online as well as browse and download other player’s creations. It’s a feature that was noticeably missing at launch in a game that encourages creativity.
In the Creators Hub, you’ll start at the Depot. Here you’ll find a showcase of the most upvoted and downloaded vehicle creations from the community.
As a blog post explains, the Creators Hub includes a number of features for creating and sharing:
- Filtered Browsing - By switching from the Depot to the Browse tab, you can peruse the ever-growing selection of uploads from other players! You can browse with a variety of filters, including Street, Off-Road, and Water vehicles, vehicles uploaded by your 2K Account Friends, and vehicles you've previously Downloaded or Upvoted.
- Vast Search Features - Along with filters, you can also sort the Creators Hub vehicles by alphabetical order, how recently they were uploaded, total number of upvotes, total number of downloads, or total number of bricks used to construct the vehicle. You can also search by 2K Account Name, a vehicle's identifying Share Code number, or vehicles made by someone on your Friends list, with the same Filter and Sort By options as the rest of the Creators Hub.
- Adding Vehicles To Your Collection - When you've found something you like in the Creators Hub, simply hit Download and confirm your decision to add it to your Garage! Whenever you visit your Garage, you'll see any Downloaded vehicles listed underneath the Downloads tab. When you're ready to get behind the wheel of any vehicles you've acquired from the Creators Hub, simply add them to your Loadout and show Bricklandia your newest rides!
- Sharing Your Vehicles - Any vehicle created solely by you in the Garage is eligible to be uploaded to the Creators Hub. All Creators Hub submissions go through a moderation process before they're shared with the LEGO 2K Drive community, giving players a selection of player-created vehicles. Each player is allowed to upload a total of 30 vehicles to the Creators Hub with any new uploads you want to make beyond that will need to be swapped in place of old ones.
LEOG 22 Drive update 1.09 patch notes
The Creators Hub arrives LEGO 2K Drive as part of the free update 1.09 containing bug fixes and quality of life improvements. You can find a list of changes in the LEGO 2K Drive update 1.09 patch notes below.
For more on LEGO 2K Drive, check out our review for the brick-tastic racer.
- Implemented keyboard remapping features for PC players
- Seven new LEGO City vehicles available in Unkie's Emporium
Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed multiple issues when Brickbux are not displayed correctly in-game
- Fixed an issue where the Drive Pass XP bar does not appear to be collecting Brickbux
- Fixed an issue where Drive Pass account unlock reconciliation across multiple platforms
- Fixed an issue where EMP does not display in multiplayer sessions
- Fixed an issue where AI racers would drive backward on Drive-Thru Derby
- Fixed an issue where a player respawns indefinitely in High Stakes
- Fixed multiple flair animations not displaying properly
- Fixed an issue where Drive Pass says 101 after completion
- Fixed an issue where the player position was reset after playing offline
- Fixed an issue where Awesome Pizza Vehicle wheels were not attaching correctly in Garage
- Fixed an issue where part 18975 was sorted incorrectly in the garage
- Fixed an issue where Sidewalk Sprinter instructions got stuck on step 4
- Fixed an issue where Custom Hotrod instructions got stuck on step 6
- Fixed an issue where McLaren Solus GT instructions got stuck on step 6
- Fixed crash when launching garage after R34 vehicle unlock
- Fixed many multiplayer server issues and improved stability
- Fixed several split-screen crashes
- Fixed several Garage crashes
- Fixed several Unkie's crashes
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.