Following a delay, the upgrade optimises NASCAR 21: Ignition for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Those who already own the PS4 or Xbox One versions can upgrade for free.
On PS5 and Xbox Series X, NASCAR 21: Ignition runs at 4K resolution. 4K upscaling is also supported for Xbox Series S. Disappointingly, the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions still run at 30fps, with no performance mode option that switches to 60fps at a reduced resolution.
Save files can be imported from previous generation consoles so you won’t lose any game progress. PS5 activities are also supported.
2022 Season Expansion
There won’t be a new NASCAR 22 game this year. Instead, NASCAR 21: Ignition is getting a 2022 Season Expansion in September featuring the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series teams and drivers along with three Next Gen cars and the 2022 regular season schedule.
In the meantime, the team at Motorsport Games is focusing on developing NASCAR 23 due to arrive in mid-2023 with tech from KartKraft and rFactor 2.
NASCAR 21: Ignition update 1.5 patch notes
In addition to the next-gen upgrade, the latest patch update contains bug fixes for Career mode, lighting issues, and more.
Check out the NASCAR 21: Ignition update 1.5 patch notes below for a full list of changes.
Xbox Patch - 188.8.131.52
PlayStation Patch - 184.108.40.206
PC/Steam Patch - 220.127.116.11
Next-gen upgrade for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- 4K resolution at 30 FPS for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5
- 4k upscaling at 30 FPS for Xbox Series S
- Online cross-generation console gameplay
- Save imports from previous generation consoles
- Support for PlayStation 5 activities
Cars & schemes
- Fixed an issue for Career Mode where players were appearing under their car
- Fixed an issue where anti-lock brake system was stuck on
- Fixed an issue where sponsored logo’s light was heavily reflected on the cars while on track
- Fixed an issue with the lighting at some of the night race tracks
- Fixed an issue in which high assists caused difficulties while pitting at certain tracks
- Fixed an issue in which the AI are driving off the apron and cutting corners short at Homestead
- Fixed an issue in which AI takes control of a user’s car when passing next to the pit stop entrance
- Fixed an issue that showed miscellaneous stats incorrectly for stages in standings menu
- Fixed an issue in which a quick selection of options from the Garage Pause Menu would trigger a softlock
- Fixed an issue that would cause the title to crash while being idle in Race Results screen at COTA after unlocking the “Road Course Ringer” and “Winner” trophies