NASCAR 21: Ignition was arguably one of the most disappointing racing games of 2021. With its underwhelming career mode, poor AI, and a host of missing features, it needed more time in the pit stop.
Thankfully, Motorsport Games has promised to improve the experience. A few weeks ago, the developer released a roadmap detailing multiple updates coming in the next few months. Sticking to its promise, update 22.214.171.124 has landed on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, adding several long-requested features.
NASCAR 21: Ignition update 126.96.36.199 adds stages and private parties
One of the most welcome changes in update 188.8.131.52 is the addition of stages. Designed to create closer racing, stage races were introduced to NASCAR in 2017, so their absence in NASCAR 21: Ignition was glaring.
Now, stage races can be enabled in the settings for Career and Race when NASCAR Rules are turned on. Speaking of NASCAR Rules, corner-cutting penalties can also be enabled in online and offline races as part of the update.
Another long-requested feature, private parties are finally available in online multiplayer. This means you can now enter online races with just your friends. For now, private parties require at least six players and are capped at 18 players. In the future, Motorsport Games will increase the maximum player count to 40, enabling full-grid online racing.
This is the first of several NASCAR 21: Ignition updates planned for 2022. Launching in February, the next update will add a Next Gen Test Mode allowing you to test drive the next-generation Ford Mustang Cup Car at Daytona. Following that, April’s update will include a free PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrade.
For now, though, you can find the full list of changes in the update 184.108.40.206 patch notes below.
NASCAR 21: Ignition update 220.127.116.11 changelog
HARDWARE & PERIPHERALS
- [PlayStation-only] Fixed an issue that prevented Thrustmaster T80 and T284 Wheels from appearing in the supported wheel list
- [PC-only] Fixed an issue that was causing the Fanatec CSL Elite to have inverted pedals
- Added Matt Mills to the driver roster
- [PC-only] Fixed an issue that was causing the game to crash when receiving a notification from another application
- Fixed an issue that could cause AI to trigger endless yellow flags by not pitting correctly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent AI drivers from pitting after successive cautions
- Fixed an issue that was causing temperatures to be reported in Fahrenheit when set to metric
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a message from being displayed when the controller became disconnected
- Fixed an issue that could cause the fuel light to incorrectly turn on after a caution
- Fixed an issue that was causing the fuel light to remain on after refueling
- Fixed an issue that was causing the cockpit lap counter to not increase
- Fixed the Grill Tape HUD option so that it increases when navigating right and decreases by navigating left
- Removed the redundant crown icons from online lobbies
- Added Stages. They can be enabled in the settings for both Career and Race Now. Note: Yellow flag laps under stages do not count into the next stage
- Implemented corner cutting penalties for both online and offline play (note: only available in offline play when Rules are enabled). Players who gain an advantage by cutting a corner will now have the full lap invalidated
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the relative leaderboard from being correctly updated after a caution
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be stuck in the garage after disqualification
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player car to be damaged at the start of a Practice session
- Fixed an issue that could prevent career contracts from being offered to the player in some circumstances
- Fixed an issue that could cause the qualifying order for a career race to be lost
- Added Private Party sessions for online play. It is now possible to enter online sessions with only your friends. Minimum Party size is 6 players, maximum is currently set to 18 players
- Added brief period of AI control at the start of online races to mitigate instances of players swerving at the beginning of a race and causing collisions
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from rejoining their friends after a disconnection
- Fixed an issue that could cause visual artifacts to appear in the shadow at the rear of the player car
- [PC-only] Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after repeatedly changing the resolution
- Fixed an issue that was causing duplicate inputs to be recorded on some menus
- Fixed an issue that could cause the camera to pan around while navigating the Pause Menu
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.