Trackmania is arguably one of the most challenging, rewarding, and downright addictive racing games out right now. Its fast-paced time-trial gameplay is easy to learn but hard to master and the track creator is better than ever.
Since launching in 2020 as a live-service remake of Trackmania Nations, new seasons have added regular content updates with new challenges, community campaigns and tracks.
Ubisoft Nadeo has released the first Trackmania update of 2022 that fixes some issues and improves performance.
Trackmania update improves track editor and multilap performance
Arguably the main highlight in the new update is the improved map editor performance for track creators.
The update optimises RAM usage by only loading items when they are used in the map instead of loading all items at once. This should make it even easier to build the craziest tracks you can imagine.
Other updates include improved performance in multilap tracks and the ability to modify the time limit in Royal time attack mode. You can find the full list of changes below.
Trackmania update changelog
- Fix a script crash when trying to access Summer 2020 in the Solo menu
- Fix lag spikes when playing a multilap track for a long time
- Fix wrong trophies greyed out in the trophy history
- Fix blue reactor boost and wrong up/down reactor boost in replays
- Improve performance in map editor when using custom items. It improves the RAM usage: instead of loading all the custom items at once, it will only load items when they are used in the map. Drawback: `BlockModels` in the API do not contain the custom items anymore.
Maniascript & Game Modes
- Add UpDirection, LeftDirection and AimRoll to the CSmPlayer class
- Fix the reset of fragile penalty with SetPlayer_Delayed_Reset
- Add possibility to modify time limit in Royal time attack mode
Trackmania Grand League: Mid-Season Invitational 2022
This weekend, Ubisoft Nadeo will host the Trackmania Grand League: Mid-Season Invitational 2022 solo competition. 32 invited players will compete in qualifying rounds on 29 January before the main events on 30 January. Results from the Trackmania Grand League spring season will be posted on Liquipedia.