Wreckfest is one of the most entertaining racers out there right now, and a new update is bringing fresh content to the game.
From a new DLC pack to fresh tracks and tournament modes, there is a lot to get through!
Let's start with Wrecknado!
The name gives you a clue about it, but the destruction goes beyond expectations.
Wrecknado promises new tracks, unique rewards, and new challenges and is a free update.
Download it and get wrecking!
Reckless Car Pack
There is also a new car pack DLC. This is included in the Seaosn Pass 2, but if you don't have it then it will set you back £3.99.
The Gorbie, Blade, and Stepvan enter the game. The Stepvan is a classic ice cream truck and already looks like a favourite.
Coming in at 8.5GB it's a pretty chucky update that fixes quite a few things. Included in that is support for the new content and DLC, but what else is there?
- Player no longer gets kicked mid-event when they start holding down throttle before the event starts.
- (Dedicated Server) Increased admin_steam_ids and op_steam_ids maximum parameter size to 1024 characters.
Vehicles & gameplay
- Improved Rocket RX handling.
- Improved Sofa Car handling.
- Added the Rocket stock exhaust as an option for Rocket RX.
- A number of small special vehicles no longer receive unexpected amounts of damage.
- Improved Bumper Car performance to make it a Class C vehicle like its peers.
- Upgrade parts now correctly follow the deformed shape of the vehicle.
- Fixed Starbeast SS reversing light glitch.
- Raven steel mesh is now correctly visible in all LOD levels.
- Fixed inconsistent Hornet bumper weights.
- Fixed inconsistent Killerbee S bumper weights.
- Boomer/Boomer RS: Increased RPM safety limit to prevent sounds from cutting of at engine redline in some cases.
- Razor: Adjusted camera-view based audio filtering settings of turbocharger whine to include less high-frequency content over mid-to-high engine rpm range.
- New tournament season: Wrecknado.
- New taxi cab themed reward bundle "Taxi Wrecker" for Rammer RS.
- New drag racing themed reward bundle "Drag 55" for Bulldog.
These XB1 changes are not live yet, but coming soon
- (XB1) Leaderboard updates are now more reliable.
- (XB1) Leaderboards are displayed for all tracks.