Unsurprisingly, Rocket League Sideswipe has been another roaring success for Psyonix. Launched last November, the free-to-play mobile spin-off was downloaded over 20 million times in just 40 days. If you haven't downloaded Sideswipe yet or haven't played it in a while, there's lots of new content to enjoy.
Season 1 has now ended. But don't despair, because Rocket League Sideswipe Season 2 kicks off today, adding new items, casual playlists, and a brand new game mode. Let’s dive in.
Rocket League Sideswipe Season 2 sees the return of fan-favourite items.
These include the Supernova and Dueling Dragons Goal Explosions, Sunset 1986 Wheels, the Breakout Car, and more. New painted items will also be added to the Item Shop throughout the Season.
Casual playlists have also been added to Season 2. These casual matches allow you to practice with real opponents without affecting your rank.
Replacing Hoops Mode in Season 2 is a new Volleyball Mode. This new 2v2 mode features a central net and a new ball. There are no goals, though. Instead, points are rewarded when the ball touches the floor. Extra Modes will also rotate each season.
Season 1 Rewards
Competitive Ranks have been reset for Season 2. Don't worry though, because all is not lost. Dedicated players will be rewarded with season-exclusive Titles and Quick Chat Stickers based on their ranking in Season 1.
In addition to the new Season 2 content, the latest Rocket League Sideswipe v1.1 patch squashes some bugs, improves the UI, and adds a Quick Chat Mute option. You can download the latest Rocket League Sideswipe v1.1 patch on iOS and Android now.
Rocket League Sideswipe v1.1 patch notes
- Season 2 Rocket Pass is here with all new free content and Season Rewards to unlock, you don’t want to miss it!
- Casual Playlists (February 1 2022 - 4 p.m. PST (12 a.m. UTC))
- You heard that right, in this all new Casual Playlist team up with your friends, no matter their rank, and enjoy Casual Duels and Doubles! Earn XP, complete challenges, and play with friends without worrying about affecting your rank. HAVE FUN, Go Wild, Perfect those Shots!
- New Limited Time Mode
- Did someone say Volleyball? Spike, bump and serve up some fun in this new mode! All players will start at Bronze, so enjoy climbing the ranks in this new competitive mode before the Season ends.
- All New Arena - Rally Courts
- Brand New Ball - Volleyball
- Season 2 Challenges
- New challenges for our new Season - can you complete them all?
- Season 1 Rewards
- Players will unlock a Reward Title and Sticker based on the highest Competitive Rank they reached in Season 1
Changes and updates
- Audio Polish
- UI Improvements
- Duplicate Purchase Modal
- If you own an item and try to buy it again, a warning will appear
- Arabic Localization now properly shows the scoreboard
- Hoops Limited Time Mode Replaced with Volleyball in Competitive Playlist
- Accessibility Options
- Dodge Indicator in Boost Meter
- Vibration on Kickoff
- Single Press Air Turns
- Quick Chat Muting
- Quick Chat Muting is now a setting that persist across matches
- Quick Chat can still be quickly toggled on/off if desired
- Preview Present Contents
- You can now view a list of potential rewards from Presents inside of the Rocket Pass