Rocket League continues to improve, with new updates adding new rocket-powered cars, arenas, and game modes. Season 8 recently added a licensed car to the Rocket Pass for the first time, and now a new update brings two new arenas along with a host of bug fixes highlighted in the Rocket League update 2.21 patch notes.
Two new arenas are included in the update: The Block (Hoops) and Farmstead (Spooky).
The Block is a new outdoor court for Hoops mode and introduces The Block Party, a new in-game event with Block Party Challenge Rewards.
Complete the event challenges and you can win an animated Double Dribble Topper, Game Time Player Anthem, a Very Rare Drop, and huge XP Rewards. This event will run until 18 October.
Both arenas are available in Private Matches, Exhibition Matches, and Free Play, while The Block can be played in online matches from 12 October.
El Chapulin Colorado Bundle
A new bundle based on the popular Mexican superhero El Chapulin Colorado has also landed in Rocket League.
Available to buy from the Item Shop for 1,000 credits, the El Chapulin Colorado Bundle includes a Siganme los Buenos Decal, Antenitas de Vinil Topper, Mas Rapido que una Tortuga Wheels, and Chipote Chillon Goal Explosion.
You’ll need to hurry though because the El Chapulin Colorado Bundle will be gone after 17 October.
Rocket League Update 2.21 Patch Notes
In addition, Rocket League update 2.21 contains several bug fixes. For a full list of changes, fixes, and improvements, check out the Rocket League update 2.21 patch notes below.
New Arena: The Block (Hoops)
- The Block is now available in Private Matches, Exhibition Matches, and Free Play
- The Block will be available in Online Matches starting October 12
New Arena: Farmstead (Spooky)
- Farmstead (Spooky) is available in Private Matches, Exhibition Matches, and Free Play
El Chapulín Colorado
- The El Chapulín Colorado tab is now live in the Item Shop for a limited time
- All teams in the Esports Shop have new Home and Away kits
- Kits are available for Dominus, Fennec, and Octane Car Bodies
- North America (NA):
- FaZe Clan
- Ghost Gaming
- G2 Esports
- OpTic Gaming
- Spacestation Gaming
- Europe (EU):
- Evil Geniuses
- Karmine Corp
- Moist Esports
- Oxygen Esports
- Team BDS
- Team Liquid
- Team Vitality
- Oceania (OCE):
- KC Pioneers
- South America (SAM):
- Team Secret
- Middle East/North Africa (MENA):
- Team Falcons
Changes and updates
Arenas - Ball Indicator
- Updated the version of the “cage” ball indicator (which appears when the ball is on or close to a wall) on Sovereign Heights, Salty Shores (Night), Neo Tokyo (all versions), and Starbase ARC (all versions)
- The cage ball indicator in these arenas matches the indicator already used in Champions Field
- Modified the cage ball indicator on Champions Field (Day), and Salty Shores (Night)
- The indicator now features a colored outer ring for improved visibility on these brighter Arenas
Arenas - Online Matches
- Neo Tokyo has been re-added to Online Playlists
- Fixed a bug preventing bots from leaving the scoreboard when replaced by a human player
- Changed the Ford Bronco Raptor back to the Merc hitbox
- [Rumble] Fixed the targeting crosshair so it does not remain on screen during a Goal Replay
- Fixed appearance of Painted Standard Boost exhaust
- Fixed Portuguese localization for “Nice Demo” Quick Chat
- Fixed appearance of notifications for players using a 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio resolution
- Fixed a bug that granted Honda Civic Type R Wheels to players who do not own the Car Body
- Any player who has the Wheels without owning the Car Body will keep them
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed appearance of Franko Fone: Inverted Wheels
- [Knockout] Splitscreen players will no longer be kicked once the primary player/player 1 is eliminated from the match
- [PlayStation] Players are now properly notified with an error message if they try to unblock a player on the in-game Friends List that is also blocked on the platform level
- Fixed a visual bug in the Color Picker menu when both controller and keyboard and mouse are plugged in
For more articles like this, take a look at our Rocket League page.