If you were thinking that Ubisoft will stop supporting The Crew 2 when The Crew Motorfest arrives on consoles and PC this September, think again. Ubisoft will continue to support the popular open-world racer into 2024 starting with The Crew 2 Season 9. This commitment is unprecedented considering The Crew 2 launched over five years ago.
Out now, The Crew 2 Season 9 Episode 1: American Legends brings new stories, cars, and events. But the most surprising addition is the new Race Creator.
Race Creator comes to The Crew 2
Included in The Crew 2 Season 9 Episode 1 update, the Race Creator allows you to create your own races and share them with the community.
Once you've placed the start and finish line, you can apply rules such as the race category, car model or brand requirements, and traffic. Weather and time of day can also be changed and you can find and vote for races in a dedicated menu.
It’s easy to use too as the Race Creator tool can be opened any time while free roaming, with you placing the starting line and checkpoints while driving around the open world. After creating a race, you can name it with pre-defined words and customise the event ticket with preset screenshots.
A new season of course means new cars. The Crew 2 Season 9 Episode 1 adds the 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale and its rally racing counterpart, the Lancia Stratos HF GR4. Both can be bought in bucks or Cre Credits from 5 July.
The 2022 Audi RS 3 Sportback and 2022 Audi RS7 Sportback also join The Crew 2, included in the Audi Shop Premium Bundle.
Also returning in The Crew 2 Season 9 Episode is a selection of old fan-favourites from previous Motorpasses.
These include the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Outclassed Edition, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha US Wildlife Watchers, 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 Limousine, 2021 Creators YasidDesign X American Petrol, and 2016 KTM X-Bow Spear Racing Ed. (2016).
Season 9 Episode 1 Motorpass
There’s also a new Motorpass for Season 9 Episode 1 available to purchase with bucks or Crew Credits.
Cars included in the Season 9 Episode 1 Motorpass are the 2019 Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ Divine Edition, 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Lime Edition, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS Ghost Edition, and 2015 Nissan GT-R Haru Edition.
In addition, Season 9 Episode 1 adds four new treasure hunt Stories as well as a new Live Summit.
Available from 5-11 July, the latest Live Summit celebrates the fifth anniversary of The Crew 2. Reaching Platinum rank earn you a special fifth-anniversary tyre, while Gold rank unlocks the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador 700-4 hypercar.
Silver gives you Legendary HC Perf Parts (Fame Magnet, Rich and Popular) and Bronze earns you 150k followers.
There's also a new 5th Anniversary DLC bundle containing the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Outclassed Edition, Porsche 917K 1970, and Lancia Stratos HF GR.4.
Weighing in at just over 34GB, the update is available to download now on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. You can find out more details about the new content and changes in the Season 9 patch notes below.
If you still haven’t tried Ubisoft’s open-world racer, The Crew 2 will be free-to-play from 6-10 July in the run-up to The Crew Motorfest arriving in September.
The Crew 2 Season 9 patch notes
- [Added] Race Creator is here!
- Players now have the ability to create, publish, and share their own races.
- [Added] The Crew Motorfest Collection Import information.
- [Added] 4 New Stories will be available in Episode 1 and will be focusing on the background of some of the hosts in The Crew Motorfest: Malu, Pierce, Jim, and Toji.
- Episode 1 will also have the 'Road to O'ahu' new event.
- [Added] Dual Currency Purchases.
- Introducing Dual Currency purchases, you can complete the purchase of a vehicle with another currency if you are missing the full amount of one currency.
- [Added] Activity Tickets updated with screenshots accurately representing the events.
- [Added] 93 Vanities, 58 Included in the Motorpass
- Horns: 11 items
- Nitros : 14 items
- Outfits: 6 items
- Rooftops: 10 items
- Smokes: 10 items
- Tires: 21 items
- Underglows: 16 items
- Window Tints: 5 items
- [Added] 81 New bundles throughout the season.
- 19 Summit Bundles
- 24 Custom Bundles
- 19 Vanity Bundles
- 19 Basic Bundles
- New vehicle highlights in HQ's and new Vanity Shop rotation each week.
- [Added] 19 New LIVE Summits
- [Added] 4 New stories have been added for this Season.
- 2 Long stories.
- 2 Medium stories.
- [Added] Brand new Motorpass split into 2 episodes.
- Each episode containing exclusive vehicle and vanity rewards.
- 64 Fame-based Seasonal challenges, 32 per episode. Motorpass
- [Fixed] Can no longer see patches of grass south Miami concrete.
- [Added] New PvE Events.
- 1 New Mixed Event 'Road to O'ahu'
- [Added] Race Creator Tool
- [Added] Community Races Tab
- [Added] 24 New vehicles.
- [Fixed] Mclaren 765LT no longer has incorrect widebody fender offset
For more articles like this, take a look at our The Crew page.