The Crew Motorfest has been out for nearly a month and received positive reviews overall, making it the highest-rated entry in the franchise yet. If you still haven’t tried it, Ubisoft is hosting a second free trial this week, allowing players to take the open-world racer for a spin up to five hours.
Second The Crew Motorfest free trial start date confirmed
Ubisoft has announced the free trial of The Crew Motorfest is returning on PlayStation, Xbox and PC from 10 – 20 October. This is longer than the first free trial, which lasted four days from 14 – 17 September to coincide with the game’s launch.
Players who completed September’s free trial won’t be able to enter the new trial but can still complete any remaining free access time.
With the free trial, players can freely play The Crew Motorfest for up to five hours, completing themed playlists, cruising the tropical island of Oahu, and test driving some of the hundreds of cars available.
Progress can be carried over to the full game. If you decide to buy the game, players who complete the free trial can get 20% off the Standard Edition and 15% off the Gold and Ultimate Editions for players who complete the free trial.
Here is a breakdown of The Crew Motorfest free trial times for each format:
- Ubisoft Store (PC) – Free Trial starting on 10th October from midnight (following 3 regional time zones**) and ending on 20th October, 3 PM BST. Special discount from 10th to 24th October (-20% on Standard Edition, -15% on Gold and Ultimate editions).
- PlayStatoin 4 and PlayStation 5 – Free Trial starting on 10th October from midnight (local time) and ending on 20th October, 3 PM BST. Special discount from 11th to 18th October (-20% on Standard Edition, -15% on Gold and Ultimate editions).
- Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One – Free Trial starting on 10th October from midnight (local time) and ending on 20th October, 3 PM BST. Deal of the week from 13th to 16th October on Xbox One (-20% on Standard Edition).
- Epic Games Store (PC) – Free Trial starting on 10th October from midnight (local time) and ending on 20th October, 3 PM BST. Special discount from 14th to 21st October (-20% on Standard Edition).
- Amazon Luna is not included.
*: Players on PC can enter this Free Trial at a different time depending on their region. APAC (Asia / Australia) countries: midnight (Sydney time) or 9th Oct, 14:00 BST EMEA (Europe and MENA) countries: midnight (Paris time) or 9th Oct, 23:00 BST NCSA (Americas) countries: midnight (New York time) or 10th Oct, 05:00 BST.
The Crew Motorfest sets sales record
The fact that The Crew Motorfest is getting a second free trial so soon after the first one suggests that launch sales are underperforming. But Ubisoft recently announced that The Crew Motorfest set a new first-week sales record for the franchise.
Overall player spend and season pass adoption rate is also up, and players have imported over 42 million vehicles from The Crew 2 to The Crew Motorfest.
“We are thrilled by the enthusiastic response, which has broken all franchise records, and we want to thank our community for their incredible support,” said Ahmed Boukhelifa, Managing Director, Ubisoft Ivory Tower. “Launch is only the beginning: we have planned regular updates with new themes and experiences, and very strong post-launch support with a mix of free and paid content, for a long time to come.”
The Crew Motorfest is out now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. You can find out our thoughts on Ubisoft’s Forza Horizon 5 rival in our review. The Crew Motorfest Season 1 is currently underway, bringing new cars and races in post-launch updates.
For more articles like this, take a look at our The Crew page.