The first race of the 2021 season is almost upon us, and that means more people are diving into F1 2020.
Codemasters may well be deep into developing F1 2021, but that doesn't mean they have forgotten to support their current title.
The latest patch is now here!
F1 2020 Update 1.17
The new update is now available on PC, Xbox, and PS4.
It will land on Stadia "very soon" according to Codemasters.
So what has changed in the game? Let's have a look!
- Addressed an issue where tyre temperature could be at absolute zero after re-joining a session.
- Addressed an issue starting the game with a steering wheel plugged in.
- Corrected an issue with countback and declaring a winner when finish a world championship on the same points as another driver.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect message could be displayed when overtaken in the safety car queue.
- Parc Ferme rules are now correctly retained in Leagues after using split-weekends.
- Lap counter will now show the correct lap in Spectator after a formation lap.
- Addressed a crash when viewing replays of F2™ races after completing the F2™ portion of a career.
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to join a Private League with an access code.
- Fixed an issue where blue flags could be shown to all players if someone quit and re-joined on the formation lap.
- Addressed an issue where the yellow flag message could persist after the Safety Car had gone on after a player had quit and re-joined a session.
F1 2021 release date
Codemasters are remaining tight-lipped about F1 2021.
Recent history suggests Codemasters will aim for a late June/early July release for F1 2021, however covid restrictions could still impact that timeline.