It has finally been confirmed by Codemasters that Portimao, along with the expected car performance update, will hit F1 2021 today.
Following cryptic tweets the announcement wasn't unexpected, but it is still an awesome piece of news for fans.
Portimao is here
Along with Portimao, there is plenty to come when the patch hits today.
Aston Martin's new safety car will be added to the game, leading the pack when required at the following circuits:
- Great Britain
- Saudi Arabia
- Abu Dhabi
The performance of cars has been updated to bring them inline with real world performance. That should make the midfield even more competitive, but also detach Haas from the back of the field. This has also resulted in a wiping of the Time Trial leaderboards across all platforms, so get ready to go set some new PBs!
The expected handling changes, which will remove unrealistic elements with low-speed cornering, will be coming as soon as the AI retraining is complete.
What about Imola & Jeddah?
Codemasters promised three new tracks, and has delivered one. So what about the rest? Well, we now have a release window for both of them.
Imola is slated for release in October, while Jeddah will get added to the game in November.
While no specific date has been given it's great to finally have news on when we can go racing at the new circuits.
Update 1.10 patch notes
- Portimao has been added to the available tracks in all modes
- F1 2021 vehicle performance has been brought more in-line with the real season. All F1 Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change.
- Aston Martin safety car has been added to tracks where it is used in the real season
- Fixed a crash when watching highlights or replays on Xbox Series consoles
- Various improvements to Xbox multiplayer connections
- Addressed an issue where the race could end after the first lap in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where the MFD could pop up when tyre wear reached 20% increments
- Addressed an issue where users could not enter the pits with heavily worn engine components while using steering assist
- Race strategy practice programme is now locked to standard fuel mode to bring this in line with race regulations
- Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images
- Fixed a crash quitting to the front end after negotiating a contract in two-player Career
- Fixed a crash when viewing standings after retiring from a league
- Dazzle camo helmet now displays correctly
- Fixed a crash when renegotiating with their current team after a reboot in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where ERS toggle input could not be recognised
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.