F1 2021 has been out for nearly a month now, and Codemasters' title is a smash hit.
However, like many games developed in the covid world it is far from perfect. The latest patch fixes a lot of small bugs that have cropped up with the game, as well as addressing some player concerns that have been raised with Codies.
Let's see what the patch has to offer.
F1 2021 Update 1.06 release date
The new patch is ready to go for PC, PS4, and PS5 users!
Xbox players have had to wait for previous patches, and this one is no different. It's listed as "coming very soon" by Codemasters, but previous patches have been a day or two late for Xbox players, so you may just have to hold on for 1.06 too.
F1 2021 Update 1.06 patch notes
The biggest fix has come in addressing the loss of force feedback some Thrustmaster users were experiencing at odd times throughout the game. That should now be fixed with this patch.
The quick practice wear rate issue has also been fixed, while Braking Point difficulty has been balanced in multiple chapters.
- Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
- Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
- Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
- Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
- Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
- Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
- “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
- MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
- UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
- Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
- Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
- Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
- On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
- 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
- Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
- Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
- Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
- Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
- Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
What hasn't been included here is the performance patch which will rebalance the car and driver performances. It should bring Red Bull and Mercedes even closer together, and drop Haas off the back of the field when it does arrive.
We suspect it will come in update 1.07, which will hopefully arrive before the Belgian GP at the end of August.