As promised by Codemasters last week, a new F1 22 update has landed today, bringing with it the Shanghai International Circuit and Ferrari special livery showcased at last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix. There are also a number of bug fixes outlined in the F1 22 update 1.10 patch notes, so let’s take a look.
Shanghai International Circuit returns to F1 22
The Chinese Grand Prix hasn’t been on the F1 calendar since 2019. Before it returns in 2023, Shanghai International Circuit has arrived in F1 22, allowing us to see how the redesigned 2022 F1 cars perform around the challenging circuit.
In the F1 game series, the 3.38-mile circuit was last seen in F1 2019. Once the patch is downloaded, the Shanghai International Circuit is available in Grand Prix, Time Trial, and Multiplayer modes.
Ferrari Special Livery
To commemorate the Italian Grand Prix and the F1 team’s 75th anniversary, Ferrari raced in a unique yellow livery at Monza last weekend. Now, Ferrari’s unique Giallo Modena livery has been recreated in F1 22, replacing the Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 design.
The helmets, gloves, boots, and overalls of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz are also updated with the new livery along with the pit crew. The special Ferrari livery will only be available in F1 22 for a few weeks.
Moon Festival Event
To celebrate the Moon Festival event, update 1.10 also adds a new weekly event called “A Bright Start to F1.”
Running from 12-15 September, this event sees you race as Zhou Guanyu with the objective to overtake Fernando Alonso and team-mate Valtteri Bottas with six laps to go in the Singapore Grand Prix.
Finishing in seventh or above unlocks a customisable Kohaku Koi car livery. Other Moon Festival-themed cosmetics are also available in the F1 22 Podium Pass Season 2.
F1 22 Update 1.10 Patch Notes
As revealed in the F1 22 Update 1.10 patch notes, the latest update also includes AI improvements with “revised levels of aggression when attempting overtakes,” fixes to kerb impact behaviour, and various bug fixes.
For a full list of fixes, changes, and improvements, check out the F1 22 Update 1.10 Patch Notes below.
- China/Shanghai International Circuit has been added to Time Trial, Grand Prix, and Multiplayer modes
- Ferrari Special Edition liveries now added in-game for a limited time
- Improved AI racecraft logic and revised levels of aggression when attempting overtakes
- Fixed an issue where AI would drive excessively slowly and block the track on cooldown laps in qualifying
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent kerb impact behaviour across varying frame rates on PC
- Improved AI racecraft behaviour between turns 2 and 3 at Netherlands/Zandvoort
- Improved AI awareness and racecraft between Turn 9 and pit lane entry at Austria
- Fixed previously incorrect penalty logic on pitlane entry at France/Paul Ricard
- Fixed an issue where players can receive incorrect penalties at Turn 7 of Abu Dhabi/Yas Marina
- Flattened an incorrect bump in the track surface at Turn 3 at Azerbaijan/Baku
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, host migration when loading into a cross-play social lobby can lead to split lobbies
- Fixed an issue where positions in Practice and Qualifying are calculated incorrectly beyond three decimal places
- Fixed an issue where sponsors would not show on the My Team car when watching highlights in Theatre mode
- Fixed an issue in Photo Mode where images can become pixelated when using shutter speed adjustment
- Fixed an issue where a hole is present at the base of the Halo Column when turned off on the Mercedes and the Player Car
- Corrected Max Verstappen’s car number in Social Play, LAN and Featured Event sessions
- Grand Prix - Fixed an issue where Sprint races may not appear when choosing Authentic in the 2022 World Championship weekend structure
- Fixed an issue where focus statistic was too low for all drivers in My Team
- Fixed an issue where rev lights were not working on Logitech wheelbases
- Fixed an issue where telemetry information was missing for race strategy and free practice sessions
- Fixed an issue where some current F1 22 driver numbers can be selected for use with created driver
- Fixed an issue where 'Custom Grid' in Social Play did not alter players starting positions
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, the game would crash for the player who first tries to load into created League event
- Resolved a graphical issue in menus when HDR is enabled
- UDP - Fixed an issue where pitch value is not working correctly on hills
- Revised messaging around progression of second driver statistics in My Team
- UDP - Fixed an issue where medium Traction Control was not outputting in online sessions
- General Stability Improvements
- Various minor fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.