After EA announced a slew of F1 22 updates planned for October, update 1.12 is out now for all platforms. The latest F1 22 update adds the 2022 Formula 2 season, McLaren Future Mode Special Livery, and bug fixes. In addition, the F1 22 update 1.12 patch notes reveal a number of bug fixes and improvements in the latest patch.
2022 Formula 2 season arrives in F1 22
Headlining the F1 22 update 1.12 is the 2022 Formula 2 season. Featuring 14 rounds including F2 Sprint, the updates adds the full team and driver roster from this year’s Formula 2 season.
Replacing the original 2022 MCL36 design, the update also adds McLaren Racing’s Future Mode special livery for a limited time. From December, the livery can be downloaded for free and applied to your car.
Two-time World Champion Mika Hakkinen is also now available for all players as a My Team Icon. To add him, you’ll need to check your in-game messages between 17 October and 7 November.
Ahead of the Austin Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas, the update also adds a customisable Stars and Stripes livery. From 12 October, Podium Pass Series 3 will add 30 new free and VIP tiers. From 17 October, The Griddy podium celebration can also be applied to your custom driver as their podium celebration after you’ve redeemed it through your in-game messages.
F1 22 update 1.12 patch notes
F1 22 update 1.12 also addresses several issues including a game crash on Steam Deck before entering the main menu andan issue where cutting the final chicane at Japan doesn't invalidate the next lap in Time Trial.
For more details, check out the F1 22 update 1.12 patch notes below.
- F2 2022 season update has been added
- McLaren 'Future Mode' livery now added in-game for a limited time
- Fixed a game crash on Steam Deck before reaching the main menu
- Parc Ferme rules aren't applied to race after being in a qualifying session
- Fixed an issue where ERS increase/decrease buttons were not working in Qualifying sessions
- Fixed an issue where, under 'Immersive' Safety car, a player would be allowed to pass after briefly overtaking another driver illegally
- Fixed an issue where the 'Unsafe pit release' option in Multiplayer would force cars to slow incorrectly while leaving the pit lane
- Fixed an issue where cutting the final chicane at Japan doesn't invalidate the next lap in Time Trial
- Fixed an issue in Time Trial where 'this and next lap invalidated' penalty allowed next lap to be registered on leaderboards without penalty flag
- Fixed an issue in Social Play where changing the setting in 'Pit Stop Experience' would only affect the session host
- Fixed an issue where Heusinkveld pedals have a 50% brake deadzone
- Fixed an issue where the wheel display on the Thrustmaster T248 was inactive
- Fixed an issue where setting radio verbosity to 'Critical' or 'Response Only' makes victory radio calls not play
- Fixed an issue where track surface can become very dark and flicker in spectate mode online following a DNF to player
- Various Minor Fixes
- General Stability Improvements
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.