Just because fans are starting to look ahead to F1 23 doesn't mean Codemasters has forgotten about F1 22.
An unexpected patch has just landed for the current official Formula 1 game. With the new season rapidly approaching fans are getting their fix of F1 through Codies' game.
But what has changed? Here are the full F1 22 Update 1.17 Patch Notes!
F1 22 Update 1.17
This isn't a huge patch from Codemasters. There are no massive meta changes or big features coming in.
Instead, it is a pretty straightforward performance patch that corrects one or two single-player issues and corrects some hardware support.
Let's take a look.
F1 22 Update 1.17 patch notes
- Fixed an issue which could lead to there being fewer than 20 drivers in a season in Career modes
- Fixed an issue in MyTeam where, in Quick Practice, there would be no simulation of wear to the Power Unit
- Updated the colour of George Russell's front wheel arches and driver number
- Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, crossplay friends list will be blank despite having friends
- Fixed a crash when selecting 'Finish Season' in Real Season Start
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
F1 23 release date
While F1 22 is still delivering fun racing, it's only natural that players are looking ahead to F1 23.
Still unannounced but definitely in development, F1 23 will be the next official Formula 1 title for players to enjoy. But when is it coming out?
We expect the F1 23 release date to be around late June/early July. This is a window that Codemasters has been using for the last few years and works well as a gap in the gaming calendar.
It is quite late in the Formula 1 season, but given the need to collect data from teams and drivers about the cars Codemasters needs that time to make sure the game is as accurate as possible.
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.