After an incredible Singapore Grand Prix over the weekend, the latest F1 23 update sees the return of the winning Ferrari livery. Update 1.12 also addresses bugs and glitches in the game, including safety car issues, F1 World problems, and other stability improvements and fixes.
Let’s check out what’s new in F1 23’s Update 1.12.
F1 23 Update 1.12 reverts Ferrari livery
Debuting at Ferrari’s home race at Monza, the Racing Tribute livery celebrated Ferrari’s 2023 LeMans victory. Adding a splash of Ferrari yellow to the iconic red and black, the Racing Tribute livery almost saw a home victory were it not for the dominant Red Bulls sailing past.
The Ferrari Racing Tribute was added to F1 23 for a limited time, with Update 1.12 now reverting the Ferrari cars back to their usual 2023 livery. As well as the cars being reverted, Charles Leclerc and Singapore Grand Prix winner Carlos Sainz have also seen their helmets and racing suits return to their usual designs.
It’s unusual to see Ferrari run special liveries in Formula 1, but we definitely would like to see more in the future. The Racing Tribute might not have been their best limited edition livery, but to see some variety to the normal Ferrari red was refreshing, to say the least.
F1 23’s Update 1.12 doesn’t just change the Ferrari livery, however.
F1 23 Update 1.12 patch notes
As well as changing the appearance of the Ferraris, F1 23 Update 1.12 also addresses some remaining issues with the game.
The biggest fix is with the safety car rules. Some players were experiencing safety car rules issues upon returning to racing conditions. Update 1.12 has fixed this issue.
Goals not unlocking for players in F1 World has also been addressed, as has Goals becoming locked under certain conditions.
Update 1.12 has also fixed F2 races not being in the correct order during a Career Mode save. This was a major issue for players wanting to race in F2 for their opening season in Career Mode, so it’s good to see it being fixed.
Other issues fixed in Update 1.12 include the DRS zones at Zandvoort now being in the correct places, cloud and fog now appearing correctly during races, force feedback support added to the HORI Racing Wheel, Podium Pass items being displayed correctly, and brightness issues when playing in windowed mode now being resolved.
You can see the full F1 23 Update 1.12 patch notes below.
- Reverted back to the original Scuderia Ferrari teamwear and livery
- Fixed an issue where Safety Car rules are now correctly applied upon return to racing conditions
- Fixed an issue where Goals were not unlocking for some players in F1® World
- Fixed an issue where Goals could become locked after exiting the Community Grand Prix mid-race
- Fixed an issue where races in the F2™ season were in the incorrect order in Career mode(s)
- Fixed an issue where clouds did not appear on PS5
- Fixed an issue where primary sponsor 'Lugna' would appear in secondary sponsor list from Season 2 onwards in My Team
- Fixed an issue where fog would disappear after changing the lighting quality settings on Grand Prix in F1® World
- Fixed an issue where Season 2 Podium Pass item previews would not be displayed
- Fixed an issue where track map for Zandvoort/Netherlands had DRS Zone 2 Detection & Activation points in the wrong places
- Fixed an issue where brightness would not be correct with HDR10 enabled in Windowed mode
- Fixed an issue where Force Feedback was not present on the HORI Racing Wheel
- Fixed an issue where Nyck De Vries was invisible or helmetless after moving teams in Career modes
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.