The most highly anticipated update to F1 Manager 2023 is finally here. F1 Manager 2023 update 1.6 fixes minor issues with board expectations and AI tyre strategies. However, its headline feature will change how players play F1 Manager 2023.
F1 Manager 2023 Update 1.6 out now
As of today, players can download Update 1.6 for F1 Manager 2023. This update focuses on multiple community requests, the main one being unrealistic board expectations.
Team Principals starting out at Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, and AlphaTauri will now see adjustments to their original seasonal expectations.
These objectives now affect players’ overall ratings, rising when objectives are met and falling when targets are missed. This rating system is brand new in Update 1.6, added to the game as part of the best addition of the update. That’s right, team switching is here!
Team switching comes to F1 Manager 2023
At the end of each season, players can now switch teams on the grid. Your Team Principal rating determines which teams are interested in you.
A good season will increase your rating, opening the door for the top teams to stake their interest. A poor season, on the other hand, will limit your options, with backmarker teams the only real choice. A poor season could also result in the board losing confidence in you, possibly resulting in you being fired.
Once the season has concluded, the list of interested teams is presented to players. It's then up to them to decide to gamble on a new team or stick with their current job for another season.
Team switching has been a heavily requested feature since F1 Manager 2022 kicked off the franchise last year, so to see it now in the game will be a great sight for players. Team switching is also compatible with existing save files, so there’s no need to start a new game.
You can find the full F1 Manager 2023 update 1.6 patch notes below.
F1 Manager 2023 update 1.6 patch notes
- Added Team Switching
- Expand your legacy across the whole paddock by choosing to manage a new team at the end of a season
- Added DLSS support for NVIDIA GPUs
- Added FSR support for AMD GPUs
- Updated Aston Martin car model
- Updated Haas car model
- Added the blue marking to George Russell's Mercedes
- Corrected Williams Halo at lower levels of detail
- General stability improvements
- Fixed PC-only crash related to DX12
- Fixed an issue where Epic Store players could not access Deluxe Edition Scenarios after a network error
- Some teams have had their season objectives adjusted [NEW SAVES ONLY]
- Initial Season Objective: 2nd -> 3rd
- Constructor’s Championship target season: 2024 -> 2025
- Alfa Romeo
- Initial season objective 7th -> 8th
- Alpha Tauri
- Initial season objective: 7th -> 8th
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the user being able to continue when hiring a reserve driver at end of season
- Fixed an issue where car part design and research projects were not generating the appropriate amount of expertise gain when the sliders were moved
- Fixed an issue where Research Complete emails were not showing an increase in next year's car stats
- Fixed an issue where the email about Factory fires ending was sent before the factory reopened
- Fixed an issue where drivers did not need to use two different tyre compounds after a mid-session save
- Fixed an issue where drivers would not start pushing for their flying laps early enough on circuits with long straights in Automatic mode
- Fixed tyre warming behaviour in qualifying so that drivers' tyres are warm when starting their flying laps
- Fixed an issue where some drivers were missing driver codes on the standings tower (Sorry Mick!)
- Fixed an issue where the 'Need to Refuel' dilemma in Practice and Qualifying would not pause the game
- Fixed an issue where rain VFX was not present on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles
- Fixed a rare soft lock if there was a red flag in Practice or Qualifying while the player team's cars were exiting the pit lane
- Fixed an issue where Oscar Piastri could be referred to as "Alex" in team comms
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not anchored to the left/right side of the screen when widescreen is enabled
- Fixed a soft lock when scrolling through the standings lists in Data View
- Fixed a rare soft lock when enabling manual control in Qualifying while the tutorial was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the Data View lists could appear blank during races
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.