Forza Monthly's October 2022 update is a big one! This month marks ten years since Playground Games debuted Horizon and they're celebrating in style with new additions to Forza Horizon 5.
Here's everything you need to know from today's presentation about the Forza Horizon 5 10-year anniversary update!
Forza Horizon 5 10-Year Anniversary Update
The Forza Horizon 5 10-year anniversary update will be available to download on both Xbox Series X | S and One as well as PC from 11th October.
This will include an all-new Horizon Origins Story as well as a returning Midnight Battle game mode. There will also be new festival music on the radio while you're driving around.
When the Forza Horizon 5 10-Year Anniversary Update drops, there will be a full four weeks of celebrations for Forza Horizon players. This includes iconic cars from past Horizon games, new cosmetic items for your avatar and new songs on the Horizon Mixtape.
This is also the best time ever to pick up Horizon games if you don't have them in your library. From 11th October on the Microsoft Store and 13th on Steam, there will be a 67% discount on Horizon 4 and 30% off Horizon 5.
There's a brand-new origin story in Horizon 5 with this update. Across five chapters, relive some of the series’ most iconic gameplay moments starting with Forza Horizon 5 as you go back in time.
Complete all chapters and you’ll unlock the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Anniversary Edition, a unique variant that pays homage to the original Forza Horizon cover car.
Horizon 5 has a lot of cars on its roster, but Playground Games never rest on their laurels when it comes to adding more.
The cover star of this update is the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Anniversary Edition. The yellow and black paint scheme showed off in the presentation is striking and this American muscle car is a beauty to look at.
We've also been blessed with a classic from the muscle car genre, with the Ford Mustang Mach 1 from 1971 also being added.
It's not just American cars either, as we cross the Pacific Ocean to experience the 1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen, the hottest of hot hatchbacks from Japan. We've also got a more modern take on this, with the 2003 Toyota Celica SS-I.
Lastly, but far from least, there's the 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV. You can unlock this by winning 16 race events in the Horizon Street Scene as well as the fourth Midnight Battle.
There are also some cars from previous Horizon titles that are returning as part of the Forza Horizon 5 10-year anniversary update. These include some of the fastest and most beautiful cars in the series' history.
The 2010 Ferrari 599XX, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera and 2010 Aston Martin One-77 are all rapid and we can't wait to unleash them in Mexico. There's also the Eagle Roadster, a modern take on an old classic.
A new Midnight Battles mode is coming to Forza Horizon 5. Originating in Australia, these head-to-head races reward the rival's car to the player if they win.
A new Midnight Battle is unlocked for every four wins in the Street Scene following the release of the update. There are 16 race wins up for grabs here!
There's good news for those that like to break world records (who doesn't?). All Midnight Battle routes will also be available in the Rivals section for you to set your best lap times on.
New Mixtape songs
With a decade of great songs under their belts, there are a lot to choose from when it comes to a "Greatest Hits". However, that's what PlayGround Games have done, but adding these into a Scott Tyler-hosted radio show.
Here's the full track list:
- A Moment Apart - ODESZA
- Aurora (feat. Metrik) - Camo & Krooked
- Bored to Death - blink-182
- Constellations (FH3 VIP Mix) - Fred V & Grafix
- Dawnbreaker - Metrik
- Fly - Marshmello
- Get It Right - The Offspring
- Language - Porter Robinson
- Levels (Skrillex Mix) - Avicii
- Nocturne - Keeno
- Show Me A Sign - Modestep
- Slipstream - Metrik
- Sunrise - Fred V & Grafix
- Tied To You (feat. Justin Tranter) - The Knocks
- Ingrid Is A Hybrid - Dusky
To celebrate the homes of the other four Horizon games, there are EventLab prop packs for Colorado, Europe, Australia and the UK. There's 97 in total and these will bring back memories for those who have played the previous incarnations.
These include the yacht from Horizon 2 and the tallest buildings in Horizon 3.
Achievements and Accolades
With an update as large as this, it's no surprise that there are some new achievements to unlock in FH5. Eight new achievements come into the game, for a total of 150 Gamerscore.
Furthermore, there are 28 new accolades and seven new badges to earn for your profile.
Bug fixes and quality of life improvements
As with any update, October 2022 brings plenty of bug fixes and quality of life improvements for Forza Horizon 5 players. Here's the full patch notes:
- We’ve fixed an issue with EventLab props disappearing after publishing Blueprints with a high-prop count. Creators will need to edit and republish those Blueprints to ensure the number of props is in line with the budget limitation displayed on-screen, which is now functioning as intended.
- We’re making improvements to how the Club Tag is surfaced for players, so it more reliably shows in-game beside their Gamertag. This change only affects players who are present in a Club.
- We’ve calmed the intense camera shake that could occur while driving since the release of the Series 10 Update.
- Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels has received physics improvements for certain cars that could detach from the magnet at high-speed.
- ASL and BSL cinematics have been added to the Hot Wheels Horizon Story.
- We’ve fixed an issue with force-feedback load sensitivity that caused the steering wheel to pull to the right.
- Compatibility has been added for the Logitech G Pro Steering Wheel.
- An issue where there was little to no sound for cars introduced in the Horizon Road Trip update for some players has been fixed.
- On PC, we’ve fixed incorrect instances of the “Drivers are wrong” error message being displayed. Also, terrain deformation should now work as intended for AMD GPU users.
- An issue that caused black pixels to appear on-screen for players with TAA enabled has been fixed.