After skipping July, the latest Gran Turismo 7 monthly update is here, and with it comes the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.36 patch notes.
Weighing in at 1.28 GB, update 1.36 brings four new cars plus new GT Café Menus, World Circuits events, and a bonus reward coinciding with the Gran Turismo movie. Let’s dive into the Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Patch Notes to discover what’s new.
Gran Turismo 7 update 1.36 out now
No GT7 update is complete without some shiny new cars to drive, and the August update is no exception. Update 1.36 adds four new cars: the Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58, Maserati MC20 '20, Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition '22, Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21.
The Toyota ambulance is certainly an unusual addition, but we’re happy to see more obscure cars added to GT7. From the Toyota Pod to the 1886 Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage, the series has a history of celebrating the weird and wonderful.
However, the two Toyotas aren't accessible immediately. The Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition can be entered in Sport mode practices and Round seven of the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup (TGR GT Cup) on 27 August.
Players who register a time in the Points Ranking will receive the hot hatch as a gift on 28 August. After that, it will be available to purchase from Brand Central in late September.
The Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21 can also be won by entering the Gift Viewers Campaign by watching the World Series Nations Cup on 11 and 12 August. It will then be sent as a free gift on 14 or 21 August depending on which broadcast you watch. Like the Corolla Morizo Edition, it will be available to purchase from Brand Central in late September.
There’s a bonus car too. To celebrate the release of the Gran Turismo movie this week, players can claim a free Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ’18 sporting a livery inspired by the movie car until 28 September.
There are no new tracks, sadly, but the update also adds a handful of World Circuit races, GT Café Menu books, and Brand Central museums.
There are also minor physics improvements, a new Special Picks sales category in Used and Legend Cars highlighting popular cars based on your wishlist, and a new Scapes location set in a Japanese fire station. In addition, a few engine swaps have been added for select cars.
All in all, it’s a standard GT7 update. While it’s great to see Polyphony still supporting GT7 over a year after its release, we hoped for a more substantial update after July was skipped. There haven’t been any new tracks since Grand Valley Speedway was added in February and we’re still waiting for Polyphony to implement Sophy AI.
For a full list of changes and improvements, check out the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.36 patch notes below.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 patch notes
- The following four new cars have been added:
・ Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
・ Maserati MC20 '20
・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
・Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21
Before its official release, Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22 car will be available for you to sample in Round 7 of the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup (TGR GT Cup) on August 27.
It will also be available for test drives in practice mode once the server maintenance on Monday, August 7 has been completed. Also, players who enter the TGR GT Cup and register a time in the Points Ranking (any round) using their Online ID, will receive this car as a gift. The car will be delivered on August 28. It will also be available to purchase from Brand Central in late September.
The Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21 will be received early as a gift by entering the Gift Viewers Campaign banner at the top right of the World Map and watching the Nations Cup broadcast of the World Series Showdown 2023 Amsterdam, which takes place on August 11 and 12. The car will be delivered on either August 14 or August 21, depending on when you view the broadcast. It will also be available for purchase from Brand Central in late September. (Various sounds have been added to the Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21.)
- A new livery has been added for the following car:
・Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '18
To celebrate the release of "Gran Turismo: The Movie," players can receive a movie livery edition of the Nismo GT-R as a gift by watching the trailer from the "Celebrate the release of the 'Gran Turismo' movie!" banner on the World Map from August 7 to late September.
2. World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
- American Sunday Cup 600
- Hyper Car Parade
・Red Bull Ring
- Hyper Car Parade
・High Speed Ring
- World Touring Car 800
3. Brand Central
- The following brands have been added to the Museum:
- "Fire Station" has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.
- The following Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 26: Collection: Maserati (Collector Level 40 and above)
・Extra Menu No. 27: Collection: Aston Martin (Collector Level 44 and above)
・Extra Menu No. 28: Collection: Kei-Cars (Collector Level 27 and above)
- We also have new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in Garage and speaking with the Characters in the Café:
- Hideo Kodama
・Jaguar D-Type '54
・Jaguar E-Type Coupé '61
- Shiro Nakamura
・Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
・Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71
- Kunihisa Ito
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15
・Lexus SC430 GT500 '08
- Hikonori Kagurazaka
・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04
・Wicked Fabrication GT 51
- Ed Welburn
・Lexus LC500 '17
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
・Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
・Maserati MC20 '20
6. GT Auto
- Car Maintenance & Service
Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
・Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
・Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69
・Ford Shelby GT350R '16
・Shelby G.T. 350 '65
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Physics Simulation Model
- We adjusted the replacement conditions for when Replace Car After Leaving Track is used.
- The default settings for Auto Drive is now "Off" when "Assist Preset Selection" is set to "Intermediate" in Assist Settings.
2. Used Cars & Legend Cars
- A new sales category has been added called Special Picks. Using players' Wishlists data for reference, a selection of the most popular cars will be sold as Special Picks cars.
3. World Circuits
- The recommended car will now be displayed from the hints button ('i') on the event information screen. This display will only appear if set.
- The name of the car manufacturer will now be displayed for races where Regulation (Specified Car) is set.
4. Music Rally
- We addressed an issue where progression would sometimes be halted during the following event:
- The default speed has been changed from 80 km/h to 40 km/h when Drift Photography is selected.
- We fixed an issue in which a deteriorated car would change to Good Condition when driven in a room with the BoP/Tuning Prohibited option set to "On."
- We also addressed an issue in which the horsepower/vehicle weight information in the bottom right corner of the Quick Menu screen would not display correctly if accessed from a room with the BoP/Tuning Prohibited option set to "On."
- We fixed the issue in which the changes to the settings would not be reflected after entering the track.
7. Race Screen
- An additional zoom level for the weather radar in the Multi-Function Display (MFD) has been added, so that there are now five levels.
- The display of BRAKING ASSIST has been adjusted, so that it now appears when the auto brake is in use.
- We fixed an issue in which the Vibration Strength setting would not be correctly reflected when using a wireless controller.
- We addressed the problem in which an application error would occur when using the PS4™ version of Gran Turismo 7 on a PlayStation®5 console with a Logitech® G923 Racing Wheel or Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel.
- We also fixed the issue concerning the game freezing when a Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel was disconnected from the console while driving.
- Fixed various text localization issues.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gran Turismo page.