Need for Speed Unbound Vol .4 hits consoles and PC next week. Ahead of next week’s launch, EA has revealed the Need for Speed Unbound Vol. 4 patch notes outlining the bug fixes and quality of life changes we can expect.
The latest NFS Unbound update celebrates 75 years of Porsche with two free cars joining Unbound’s roster along with new challenges and events to complete. Let's find out what else players can look forward to in the Need for Speed Unbound Vol .4 patch notes.
Quality of Life Improvements coming to Need for Speed Unbound
While the patch notes primarily focus on bug fixes, there are a few noteworthy quality-of-life improvements.
With the Vol. 4 update, players can set a quick route to free-roam Linkup events. This allows you to set a waypoint to the nearest Linkup at the press of a button without having to go into the map. This is a more convenient way of finding Linkups, but you still can’t fast-travel in multiplayer, sadly.
Car customisation is also expanded. Vol.4 will increase the number of decals players can add to livery wraps to 1,000, allowing for more elaborate designs.
In addition, the Need for Speed Unbound Vol. 4 patch notes contain an array of bug fixes for the campaign, map, multiplayer, UI, and vehicle customisation alongside general fixes.
There’s a lot more to look forward to in the Vol. 4 update from new cars and Linkup locations to a new Gauntlet playlist and a wide range of challenges and events.
Need for Speed Unbound’s Vol. 4 update launches on 16 August. In the meantime, you can check out a full list of bug fixes, improvements, and quality-of-life improvements in the patch notes below.
Need for Speed Unbound Vol. 4 Patch Notes
Quality of Life Improvements
- Players can now quick route to Linkups.
- The number of decals players can place on livery wraps has been increased to 1,000.
- Fixed an issue where Waru's Racer in Trouble mission would not occur.
- Fixed an issue where A$AP Rocky's vehicle delivery mission would not occur.
- Fixed an issue where cops would stop interacting with the player after they participated in a Qualifier event.
Client & Performance
- Fixed an issue where some PCs failed to boot via EA App.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter graphical issues with Nvidia DLSS enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to load into multiplayer due to an inventory issue.
Map & World
- Fixed an issue on the map screen where Linkup time remaining was not accurate.
- Fixed an issue where Linkups would despawn too early.
- Fixed an issue where the messaging between rounds in linkups didn't display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where daily challenges weren't appearing correctly if completed on the previous day.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to join a Linkup after leaving a Playlist.
- Fixed an issue where players would incorrectly be labeled as in a cop chase in the Playlist podium screen.
- Fixed an issue where the party menu failed to open on certain screens.
- Fixed an issue where the Linkup notification message appeared incorrectly after leaving the garage.
- Fixed an issue where chat wheel messages would appear for players while in the playlist car select screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Linkup in-progress notification incorrectly stays on screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Speed Pass max rank wasn't shown correctly on the player's banner.
- Fixed an issue where the Mitsubishi Evolution X 2008 Epic Custom had the wrong body kit thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where player banner stickers wouldn't display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Linkup of screen indicator would sometimes appear while in the garage.
- Fixed an issue where the off screen indicator showing a player's heat, appeared incorrectly during Linkups.
- Fixed an issue where decals would become transparent after being reset.
- Fixed an issue where, at times, the body kit and wrap for A$AP Rocky's Mercedes 190E couldn't be applied.
- Fixed an issue where EA Play subscribers were seeing incorrect offers as part of their Player First Trial.
- Fixed an issue where Speed Pass rewards didn't appear correctly when returning to the garage.
- Balanced the intensity of Linkups effects at night.
- Fixed an issue where the reward screen didn't appear correctly after purchasing premium content.
- Fixed an issue where progress would get blocked if players completed a multiplayer challenge before starting a campaign.
- Various minor bug fixes & stability improvements in addition to what’s specified in these patch notes.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Need for Speed page.