With Rennsport’s console port unlike to arrive until 2024 at the earliest, there aren’t many serious racing simulations on console.
Fortunately, Assetto Corsa Competizione was ported to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S last year, and it’s one of the best sim racing games on console. That doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement, though. The console version isn’t updated as frequently as its PC counterpart, and console players often have a longer wait for DLC.
Fortunately, a new Assetto Corsa Competizione update has arrived, bringing numerous PS5 and Xbox fixes.
Assetto Corsa Competizione console update arrives
Available to download now on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione update fixes numerous bugs reported by players.
One of the most notable fixes addresses a PS5-specific issue where the game would crash when exiting matchmaking options in multiplayer. There’s also a fix for an Xbox issue that caused the game to crash when resuming the game after a suspended session.
Sadly, one thing the patch doesn’t provide is PSVR 2 support. This may never happen as Kunos Simulazioni says it has no plans for ACC to support PSVR 2.
It’s already difficult to run the game smoothly in VR on a powerful PC, so it could be too demanding for PSVR 2. For now, Gran Turismo 7 is the definitive PSVR 2 racing experience.
For a full list of changes, check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione console v126.96.36.199 update patch notes below.
Assetto Corsa Competizione console v188.8.131.52 update patch notes
• Camera - Using both the "look left" and "look right" inputs at the same time to look backwards leaves the camera in that position even after releasing the buttons.
• Championship/Career - Mid-Session saves cannot be resumed.
• Commands lock panel appearing when the race is over.
• Controls becomes unresponsive a few seconds after joining and then leaving a private lobby.
• Default steering wheel presets not showing up.
• Impossible to interact with popups in case they appear while looking at Replays/Highlight.
• Multiple debug strings are displayed in private lobbies.
• Multiple qualifying sessions are not applied in Private Lobbies.
• The user is disconnected via timeout after 2 minutes and 10 seconds of waiting to join a CP server session.
• Dynamic Weather and track status stays on "no" and "optimum" respectively even with other options selected.
• Navigation via left thumbstick still working when trying to change a key-bind.
• Exiting a replay or loading a save mid-session freezes the display for a few seconds.
• Setup Date and Time is always the same.
• Some assets are erroneously visible while in spectator mode on multiplayer servers.
• The Player's engine sound clips out at low RPMs in the Single Player mode.
• User can join a CP session by selecting Please Refresh.
• On circuit Paul Ricard, the ideal line flashes too early telling the user to slow down at the wrong time.
• The rain VFX overlays the rear-view screen when the user uses an exterior camera-angle.
PS5 specific fixes
• Application crashes or becomes unresponsive when attempting to exit the matchmaking options in Multiplayer.
• Audio issues dropouts.
• Counting of Points in Career Mode messed up.
• In a private lobby, any custom cars selected by another user will be improperly displayed.
• Saving setups with a wheel connected.
• The car rear edges are being left behind.
• Unable to cycle through dashboards on cars.
• Yellow flag pitlane glitch.
Xbox specific fixes
• The title crashes in sessions following a resumption from Sleep/Suspended due to missing car setup data.
• Italian - Incorrect LOC text for 'Light Indicators' in HUD options.
• CP sessions at Imola are inaccessible despite 2020 GT DLC being installed.
• In Private Lobby setup, the Weather and Track Conditions menu displays as Single Player and the Starting Track Conditions submenu is missing.
• Occasional missing cursor focus on CONTINUE on results screens of Championship races.
• Title does not notify player of DLC dependency when having started a Championship with DLC content.
• Application does not accept input from the active controller when an additional user signs in.
• The user is required to terminate and re-launch the title in order to be able to use any DLC content.
• The title enters an indefinite partially unresponsive state after resuming from connected standby, Quick Resume, or a suspended state during a Private Multiplayer game session.
• The title provides access to the previous user’s Career save data following an Xbox profile change.
• Returning to the game while it was in a suspended state removes all FFB from the steering wheel.
• Adjust text for 'Not Connected' message when players try to join in progress sessions after Qualifying.
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.